BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I have the Magnaflow comp CB on my 2015 GT and there is certaily a bit of rasp under hard acceleration 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.

I love the exhaust though
Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Our Mustang systems wont be raspy in the least bit. Most people agree they're one of the deepest sounding exhausts out there right now. If you would like sound clips of a certain system, send us a PM anytime. We're always happy to help!
Yes would like a WOT pull video.

I have the Magnaflow comp CB on my 2015 GT and there is certaily a bit of rasp under hard acceleration 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.

I love the exhaust though
Well this contradicts Magnaflows comment. Which do ya have? Competition or street?

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Rasp comes out about 5k rpms under hard acceleration

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I have the Comp, no cats 3" all the way out the back. Deep until 2500. Then it gets really, really, really stupid loud.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Yes would like a WOT pull video.
The best thing for you is probably going to be spending some time on YouTube watching clips. You may even want to arrange a meetup with someone local who has the Comp system to hear it in person. Everyone has a different opinion when it comes to exhaust sound, and the best exhaust system for you may not be same as the next guys'.

Heres a couple videos to start out:

When you say really stupid loud. Rasp?
Keep in mind, a catless exhaust system is going to have a completely different sound/volume than a stock car w/ catback only. You cant really compare the 2, unless you plan on running a catless setup as well.

5.0steve

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP ingot silver
Just got my car back from the shop after 2 months of repair. They also put on my Magnaflow comp catback. This catback is indeed the deepest out there. Cabin noise is prevelant and there IS drone at certain RPMs. I do like this catback for its deep tone but which there was less drone inside of the cabin.

Mike Jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium
The problem with the You Tube vids is they don't show any from inside the cabin.
Mine is turning 1600 RPM @ 60 MPH and it has an unacceptable drone.

Thinking about installing 2 Vibrant resonators in the x pipe to knock the drone down.

I should have bought the Street cat back instead.

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The best thing for you is probably going to be spending some time on YouTube watching clips. You may even want to arrange a meetup with someone local who has the Comp system to hear it in person. Everyone has a different opinion when it comes to exhaust sound, and the best exhaust system for you may not be same as the next guys'.

Heres a couple videos to start out:

Keep in mind, a catless exhaust system is going to have a completely different sound/volume than a stock car w/ catback only. You cant really compare the 2, unless you plan on running a catless setup as well.
After watching those videos I am sold. Part # 19100 Are you running a sale? I have a MBRP Street for sale now. :)

KB894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE # 894 - Kona Blue - Auto
My first exhaust was the Magnaflow Comp cat back with an x pipe. Way too loud in the cabin for me. Call the noise what you like. To me it's drone. So I tried resonators. No help. They muffled the sound outside and made it worse inside.

I dumped the resonators and switched to street. It sounds great. A nice low rumble. No rasp. Very little drone. It's bearable. Also, I have an automatic and I hear the auto's are worse than manuals when it comes to drone. Never tried the dynomat but i've read on here that it doesn't help. I'm still a Magnaflow fan and i'm starting to believe that all exhaust upgrades have drone - or whatever word you want to call that noise you hear inside the cabin.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My first exhaust was the Magnaflow Comp cat back with an x pipe. Way too loud in the cabin for me. Call the noise what you like. To me it's drone. So I tried resonators. No help. They muffled the sound outside and made it worse inside.

I dumped the resonators and switched to street. It sounds great. A nice low rumble. No rasp. Very little drone. It's bearable. Also, I have an automatic and I hear the auto's are worse than manuals when it comes to drone. Never tried the dynomat but i've read on here that it doesn't help. I'm still a Magnaflow fan and i'm starting to believe that all exhaust upgrades have drone - or whatever word you want to call that noise you hear inside the cabin.
Drone is something you will hear cruising on HWY. say 1500-1900 rpms. Rasp is what we here at WOT 2700 RPM and above. Drone does not bother me. Rasp is just embarrassing. :eek:

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I'm going with street myself. Comp is too loud
Dude, I'm not sure who,is saying comp is to loud. It is somewhat louder, but no where near being near the definition of loud. I have the cat back comp series.

It is THE deepest sound at idle. There is NO Popping or crackling when lifting and slowing down while in gear. None, zero.

At WOT, and heading up there from idle, it sounds real nice. Low. At WOT, standing on it, it gets a slight tinny noise. It definitely loses the deep voice. Like you grabbed hold in a private area and squeezed tight.

I drove the last couple days to and from work ( hour each way ) without radio,on and just listened to the sound. It is sweet. Really. I'm thinking I need a CAI, not for HP, but for sound, and some long tube catted headers to make that Magnaflow sound louder.

If you have listened to all those exhuasts that sound tinny. MF is not them. At all. Just watch our buddy Bill in the CJ video for Magnaflow. Bill said they were the deepest. As I see it, he should know. He has heard them all.

For those that think comp is loud, they couldn't have been around car shows, been to races or seen Ozzy Ozborne live. I'm going to start documenting how loud these exhuasts are.

Cheers!

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
After watching those videos I am sold. Part # 19100 Are you running a sale? I have a MBRP Street for sale now. :)
We're glad we could help you with your decision! At this time we do not sell directly, but most of our authorized dealers here on the forums have killer pricing! Just off the top of our head (many more dealers on here), you can check out Team Beefcake, CJ pony, Maryland Speed and American Muscle for pricing.
Sponsored