Magna flow Street Catback on GT Vert

painoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Vert
So I finally got the Magnaflow Street Catback on Wednesday. Took the car to a local auto hobby place and used their lift. Putting this on the vert is not as easy as it sounds. It's easiest if you drop the rear bracing that is unique to the vert's. to get it in. Took me about 3 hours.
Not at all happy with it as the tips just will not center in the rear fascia. I screwed with centering the tips for an hour. It seems as if the bends are just off and the clamps don't hold well enough to keep it where it needs to be to have the tips centered. Guess I am now going to take it to an exhaust shop and let them get the tips centered. Really pissed about the installation.

Sounds great though.
Sponsored

OP
OP

painoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Vert
I do not notice any drone.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
So I finally got the Magnaflow Street Catback on Wednesday. Took the car to a local auto hobby place and used their lift. Putting this on the vert is not as easy as it sounds. It's easiest if you drop the rear bracing that is unique to the vert's. to get it in. Took me about 3 hours.
Not at all happy with it as the tips just will not center in the rear fascia. I screwed with centering the tips for an hour. It seems as if the bends are just off and the clamps don't hold well enough to keep it where it needs to be to have the tips centered. Guess I am now going to take it to an exhaust shop and let them get the tips centered. Really pissed about the installation.

Sounds great though.
You need a pair of helping hands. Have a buddy center the tips for you while you tighten the bolts from the xpipe working your way back. I struggled with it too myself until I got a pair of helping hands. Make sure you're working from front to back and tighten those clamps really tight

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Few videos of my magnaflow comp... I love magnaflow depth

[ame]https://vimeo.com/129852287[/ame]

[ame]https://vimeo.com/129852320[/ame]

Sponsored

Chevpwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 Vert

Sounds great though.
Mine are not centered either, but I thought it was just because the muffler shop was in a hurry when they snuck me in between some other customers. I'm also having trouble with the clamps holding. When I get the Hellion kit installed I will have the shop align the tips and put a tack weld on each connection so they can't move after that.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Just gotta play with it.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550

Sounds great though.
We're sorry to hear about the trouble installing our Street Series cat-back. We pride ourselves on the quality not just of our products but also of their fitment and ease of installation so it's troubling to us to hear that it's giving you a hard time.

Give our Tech Support a call at 1-800-959-9226 or email us ([email protected]) and we'll help you get those tips centered.

OP
OP

painoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Vert
Magnaflow update

Paid a local exhaust shop to center the tips in the rear fascia. Spent way to much time trying to do it myself. It is perfect now.

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
Installed the MF Comp axle back on my 15 GT in January. Before installing I had listened to so many exhaust sound clips that I was getting tone deaf. The MF Comp axle back sound is perfect. Deep but not too loud and inside hardly any drone at all. None at highway cruising speeds. Did have an issue with centering the tip on one side. A little tweaking of the MF muffler aft hanger bar and it centered right up. Cost less than $700 and it took about an hour. Couldn't be happier with the sound and the looks of those 4 1/2" tips.

Sponsored

Digihome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I ordered a Mustang convertible and it finally came in today. Of course, I needed to install new exhaust before taking it home. The dealer called Magnaflow to confirm the Street version would fit the vert and they confirmed it did. However, they must have received old stock as the dealer could not make it fit with the brace. Also, they cut out the factory exhaust to remove it so I couldn't even put it back on. :headbonk: So, I took the car home without the brace for now and the dealer will figure something out next week. Obviously I'm not too impressed...

BenisMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Those with the Magnaflow Street version, how is the clearance of the piping below the Diff? I am making contact with speed bumps and my car isn't lowered yet. I don't think it's right, so I wanted to what others ended up with. I sent pics to Magnaflow, still waiting for a response.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Those with the Magnaflow Street version, how is the clearance of the piping below the Diff? I am making contact with speed bumps and my car isn't lowered yet. I don't think it's right, so I wanted to what others ended up with. I sent pics to Magnaflow, still waiting for a response.
If you haven't gotten an answer yet, shoot an email to [email protected] or give our tech line a call at 800-824-8664.

Feel free to PM me with more details and the photos, as well.

Digihome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Mine are not centered either, but I thought it was just because the muffler shop was in a hurry when they snuck me in between some other customers. I'm also having trouble with the clamps holding. When I get the Hellion kit installed I will have the shop align the tips and put a tack weld on each connection so they can't move after that.
I now have the new Street exhaust installed and the tips do not align properly (the local Ford dealer installed it). Clearly, this is a widespread issue that Magnaflow needs to resolve. At this point, I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this exhaust for the convertible...

OP
OP

painoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Vert
Agreed

I now have the new Street exhaust installed and the tips do not align properly (the local Ford dealer installed it). Clearly, this is a widespread issue that Magnaflow needs to resolve. At this point, I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this exhaust for the convertible...
I agree.
Sponsored