Sponsored

Mach 1 Grille

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Made my own. Motorcycle passing lights and some ABS tube and a lot of head scratching.
1622219663724.png
I realize this is a late response to an old post but I think you deserve a thumbs-up on this work. Very, very nice install. I know that if I tried to do this myself, it would be a mess. :D

I think you have a good proof of concept here...

I suspect that if the lights were larger diameter and moved outboard (where the GT Grille "fangs" are) it would be that much closer to the Mach1 look. Not saying that this would be better than your placement (it's purely subjective of course) but it would be closer to the look that folks in the thread are after.

How hard would it be to do this to an Ecoboost or Bullitt grille? Seems easier than trying to chop the fangs out of the GT piece.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

celica0774

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT convertible PP1
I realize this is a late response to an old post but I think you deserve a thumbs-up on this work. Very, very nice install. I know that if I tried to do this myself, it would be a mess. :D

I think you have a good proof of concept here...

I suspect that if the lights were larger diameter and moved outboard (where the GT Grille "fangs" are) it would be that much closer to the Mach1 look. Not saying that this would be better than your placement (it's purely subjective of course) but it would be closer to the look that folks in the thread are after.

How hard would it be to do this to an Ecoboost or Bullitt grille? Seems easier than trying to chop the fangs out of the GT piece.
Thank you for the kind words.
The fangs did determine the location of the lights.
Other grilles could work. Mine took obsessive patience with a Dremel, plus some acetone to solvent weld in some ABS tube for the housings.
I looked at using a Bullitt grille but I like my Mustangs to have a Mustang (no corral) on the grille.
I mocked up many variations before picking this one. Ended up going with lights that are similar in size to the round part of the headlight. The Mach 1 lights are simply too big, and I was not going to use yellow either.

My concept actually predates the Mach 1. I had an S197 GT and loved the four "headlight" look. First thing that I did when the 2015 came out was to photoshop on the extra lights. Didn't get to implement it until I got my 2020.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Thank you for the kind words.
The fangs did determine the location of the lights.
Other grilles could work. Mine took obsessive patience with a Dremel, plus some acetone to solvent weld in some ABS tube for the housings.
I looked at using a Bullitt grille but I like my Mustangs to have a Mustang (no corral) on the grille.
I mocked up many variations before picking this one. Ended up going with lights that are similar in size to the round part of the headlight. The Mach 1 lights are simply too big, and I was not going to use yellow either.

My concept actually predates the Mach 1. I had an S197 GT and loved the four "headlight" look. First thing that I did when the 2015 came out was to photoshop on the extra lights. Didn't get to implement it until I got my 2020.
Great job
Sponsored