Sponsored

Mach 1 Chassis M2429

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, this week has been a bit odd...On Monday morning I took the family Volvo V90 to my local dealer for some warranty work, as I began my walk home having dropped it off, I decided to nip into the Ford Store. My intention was to ask whether they had any Mach 1 allocations left and expected to be laughed out the showroom. Turned out they had one at Liverpool expected in that they had ordered as a demonstrator....The deal was done, it arrived at the dealership on Thursday and I collected it yesterday afternoon. So I dropped off one VB Mustang and drove home in another. Spec wise, I'd probably wouldn't have ordered the Recaros and would have gone for either FJG or TO, however I'm very happy with how things turned out.

First impressions so far,

It feels more 'pointy' in the corners

Tremec transmission is great, a little stiff from 2nd to 3rd at the moment.

I'd forgotten how much I like changing gears

The exhaust note is different, perhaps a little deeper

The rear shelf carpet isn't as fluffy as the previous one

The Recaros fit me better than I expected (6'2" & 15st)

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1111.JPG
Sponsored

kindy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1 JFG
Lovely that is! This colour and JFG was a hard choice, but I went JFG in the end. Now just the wait for it to arrive.

Stryker Macv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stryker
Vehicle(s)
bmw M2 soon mach 1
Well, this week has been a bit odd...On Monday morning I took the family Volvo V90 to my local dealer for some warranty work, as I began my walk home having dropped it off, I decided to nip into the Ford Store. My intention was to ask whether they had any Mach 1 allocations left and expected to be laughed out the showroom. Turned out they had one at Liverpool expected in that they had ordered as a demonstrator....The deal was done, it arrived at the dealership on Thursday and I collected it yesterday afternoon. So I dropped off one VB Mustang and drove home in another. Spec wise, I'd probably wouldn't have ordered the Recaros and would have gone for either FJG or TO, however I'm very happy with how things turned out.

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1111.JPG
Lovely that is! This colour and JFG was a hard choice, but I went JFG in the end. Now just the wait for it to arrive.
I picked mine up last Thursday same colour fantastic car to drive I love it

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1111.JPG
hi Mike. I got mine in NZ few weeks ago. choice was between VB and FJG and wen FJG. both are really nice. still only have 200km on her. i thought the same at first about 2nd to 3rd being a little difficult to engage. I've now learned how to drive her by going a little bit more, 3mm or so ,to the right to get it to go into 3rd smoothly. no problems now. cheers, tom

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Hi Mike,

Great to hear you were able to pick one up. Mine landed a few weeks ago here in OZ and I have to say have been surprised how much I enjoy driving the car. That Tremec is hands down the most enjoyable manual transmission I have ever used.

OP
OP
miketango

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
hi Mike. I got mine in NZ few weeks ago. choice was between VB and FJG and wen FJG. both are really nice. still only have 200km on her. i thought the same at first about 2nd to 3rd being a little difficult to engage. I've now learned how to drive her by going a little bit more, 3mm or so ,to the right to get it to go into 3rd smoothly. no problems now. cheers, tom
Hi Mike,

Great to hear you were able to pick one up. Mine landed a few weeks ago here in OZ and I have to say have been surprised how much I enjoy driving the car. That Tremec is hands down the most enjoyable manual transmission I have ever used.
Had I spec'd the car I probably would have gone with FJG, however I also really liked OW. VB is still a great colour though. I probably have about 200 miles on the car now and the transmission is bedding in nicely.

Totally agree, the Tremec is fantastic. I haven't owned a MT car since 2006, I knew I liked changing gears but I'm surprised by how much enjoyment its bringing.
Sponsored