Sponsored

M6G Dark mode - colored fonts impossible to read

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just an FYI to the MODs and for folks who like to use colored fonts....

When a user has changed from the default site forum template and is using the “M6G - Dark” format, users who continually post in colors like blue and red fonts are nearly impossible to read in the dark template.

Is there any way to fix that, other than the users having to change font colors or changing back to default template??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump.....

Snipped another user’s prior posting only to show an example (disregard the messy scribbles, just wanted to show how the colored text appears to users in Dark Mode)
6D4C62E8-FBE6-4404-A52D-10D47A2D6F3E.jpeg

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
There's no way to fix that as that's simply the nature of dark mode. Since we give users the ability to control their font color, some colors will simply appear less visible on a dark background. We suggest switching to regular (non-dark) style, or contact the user(s) who are writing in colors that are difficult to view in dark mode.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Just an FYI to the MODs and for folks who like to use colored fonts....

When a user has changed from the default site forum template and is using the “M6G - Dark” format, users who continually post in colors like blue and red fonts are nearly impossible to read in the dark template.

Is there any way to fix that, other than the users having to change font colors or changing back to default template??
I actually ignored a few users because it hurt my eyes lol

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's no way to fix that as that's simply the nature of dark mode. Since we give users the ability to control their font color, some colors will simply appear less visible on a dark background. We suggest switching to regular (non-dark) style, or contact the user(s) who are writing in colors that are difficult to view in dark mode.

Thx for the info/reply Jarstang!

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I would agree that the blue in dark mode is nearly illegible unless the screen is at just the right angle to view. And unless the user knows of the issue, they are likely ignorant to it if they use light mode. I've learned to ignore their posts for the most part.
Sponsored