Sponsored

M-3075-F - Will the PP control arms fit a V6?

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Just got a question. On several websites it is mentioned, that the PP front control arms M-3075-F won't fit a V6.

Is there an obvious reason for this? I can't imagine that they do not fit.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They should fit just fine, Ford Performance never tested anything to fit on the V6 because Ford wanted to discontinue it anyway.

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Got a response from Ford Performance and the control arms should just work fine on a V6.

Last edited:

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Got a response from Ford Performance and the control arms should just work fine on a V6.
Hey Falk, I know it's been quite some time but Did you end up buying this kit for your V6? If so, how was the fit and how did they affect the ride quality?

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
OK for any future seekers of this answer, I can confirm that these arms do fit the V6 Mustangs(Installed mine yesterday) No problem. Just make sure to torque down the subframe side bushings while the suspension is at ride height, otherwise you'll be putting strain and tension on the bushings.

Sponsored

mookieit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 v6
OK for any future seekers of this answer, I can confirm that these arms do fit the V6 Mustangs(Installed mine yesterday) No problem. Just make sure to torque down the subframe side bushings while the suspension is at ride height, otherwise you'll be putting strain and tension on the bushings.
How to get the suspension at ride height? Like on the ground and off the jack stands?

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
What I did was, I put the jack with a piece of wood right underneath the rotor(make sure not to bend the shield) and started jacking up until the weight of the car was off the jack stand(the jack stand was roughly 1/8" away from jacking rail) and then I torqued the bolts. I don't recommend doing this. The proper procedure should be done ideally the car sitting on all four tires. It's best to ask your alignment shop to do the clocking for you. Which I will eventually when I take my car for alignment. I still have the rear toelink to install and after that I will be going to get alignment.
Sponsored