Sponsored

Lund Flex Tune Car Lost Power! Is This For Real?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
So took the car for a dyno session today at the same dyno as when i was stock with no tune steeda intake. Currently car has lund flex fuel tune, 170 degree thermostat and a drop in filter. Air temps were actually better this time. Both stock and lund tune dyno's were done with shell nitro 93 octane fuel. First dyno run today was done on third gear the rest on 5th.

Results are shocking. There is definitely something wrong with the tune. The datalog has already been sent to lund with the dyno sheets.
IMG_0037.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Stock runs all on 5th gear with no tune steeda intake!
IMG_0016.JPG

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Atmospheric conditions (temp, barometric readings, etc) affect dyno from a day to day basis if you added a non tune intake with the insert still in it restricts the air to that of the stock intake tube size. No really going to gain anything. Even if its cooler the next day air density also plays part in dyno reading. Your not down by huge number.

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Atmospheric conditions (temp, barometric readings, etc) affect dyno from a day to day basis if you added a non tune intake with the insert still in it restricts the air to that of the stock intake tube size. No really going to gain anything. Even if its cooler the next day air density also plays part in dyno reading. Your not down by huge number.
Lol the problem is being down compared to a stock vs tune. How in the world this is possible?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
did you turn all the nannies off and pull a fuse

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
did you turn all the nannies off and pull a fuse
Yes. Fuse 62 was out. I am thinking maybe they accidentally sent me the e85 tune instead of flex fuel. That might explain why the car is not adding timing with 93 octane. I ll wait for their response.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
How does the car feel tuned compared to stock?

Maybe bad gas/ pulled timing(knock)?

Were both stock and tuned dynos done the same day?

Last edited:

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Yes. Fuse 62 was out. I am thinking maybe they accidentally sent me the e85 tune instead of flex fuel. That might explain why the car is not adding timing with 93 octane. I ll wait for their response.
Not possible. If you had an E85 tune and were running on 93 it would be pig rich.

So yesterdays weather conditions were better, it was cooler then 72? Did your datalog show knock, maybe some bad 93? What else gave you done to your car since the stock runs?

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Not possible. If you had an E85 tune and were running on 93 it would be pig rich.

So yesterdays weather conditions were better, it was cooler then 72? Did your datalog show knock, maybe some bad 93? What else gave you done to your car since the stock runs?
Nope no knock. Its the best fuel you can get around here same as last time. Shell + Nitro 93 octane. The weather was cooler yesterday, moisture was 18 compared to 16 stock runs. Even the dyno guys were shocked at the results. The stock car had Steeda No Tune Intake, Borla Touring With Resonator, Stock Thermostat. Current car has Borla Stype w/ x pipe, 170 deg Reische Thermostat, Stock Intake with drop in Afe filter, Lund Flex Fuel Tune. Car runs a lot cooler now too cht's not going above 192 degrees.

Go figure! Something has to be off. First time after the tune we even took a long trip to Wisconsin running only 91 and 93 octane. The exhaust tone changed after the tune. The A/F ratio was fluctuating pretty bad from 13.5 to 14.2 but after a while it became stable around 13.9 to 14.2. I also had pedal max when the car was stock but that only adjusts throttle mapping.

The new dyno results almost show my stock car without an intake but no tune. Intake back in the day probably gave me 5-6 whp and couple more torque which explains 395 whp and 368 lbft.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
If i'm not mistaken, we spoke early, and the dyno runs are like 1 year apart?

I already explained there is no way to compare "tune only" dynos from that far apart,

i can dyno a car the next day and be 10hp different n/a, much less a year.

if your not dynoing a tune back to back, with the same fuel, then the info in all honesty means nothing.

the fuel in the car could be much lower quality, the atmospheric condtions could be way different.

if you want an honest comparison. put 93 in the car, put the car back to stock. drive it around and then dyno, drive and fill up with e85, drive it for 10-20 minutes, come back and redyno.

3 back to back pulls on each.

then lets see what the numbers look like.

and just because fuel is from the same pump, doesn't mean its the same fuel.

i explained all this on the phone,

not a fair post towards lund at all, especially when not providing all the information

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Go figure! Something has to be off.
yes, the dynos are over 1 year apart.

always, always, back to back

3 pulls, starting at 170 degrees, then get your average.

only way to get accurate numbers

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
yes, the dynos are over 1 year apart.

always, always, back to back

3 pulls, starting at 170 degrees, then get your average.

only way to get accurate numbers
The temperatures were same infact yesterday's dyno was cooler. I am even running 170 degree thermostat. Lets assume 10 hp difference as you said. Where is the remaining 10 hp and 20 lbft torque? If the tune was accurate at least on one of the runs we could have seen an improvement from stock. I m living in midwest and climate is pretty stable here. Even humidity levels were similar. If my dyno was is Arizona or something you had a point. Even then you should see some results.

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
You really can't do a back to back with tunes due to adjustment period anyways. Maybe one dyno session in the morning and one in the afternoon with frequent driving in between but back to back the banks won't be active in that limited time period. I m 100% sure something is wrong with the tune and will wait lunds response.

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
If i'm not mistaken, we spoke early, and the dyno runs are like 1 year apart?

I already explained there is no way to compare "tune only" dynos from that far apart,

i can dyno a car the next day and be 10hp different n/a, much less a year.

if your not dynoing a tune back to back, with the same fuel, then the info in all honesty means nothing.

the fuel in the car could be much lower quality, the atmospheric condtions could be way different.

if you want an honest comparison. put 93 in the car, put the car back to stock. drive it around and then dyno, drive and fill up with e85, drive it for 10-20 minutes, come back and redyno.

3 back to back pulls on each.

then lets see what the numbers look like.

and just because fuel is from the same pump, doesn't mean its the same fuel.

i explained all this on the phone,

not a fair post towards lund at all, especially when not providing all the information
This was not done on e85 but 93 octane only. Stock runs were also on 93 octane shell nitro plus. If you look at both graps you can see the stock and tuned curves sit on top of each other. They even spike at the same rpm range. It is almost as the car was dyoned stock again running 93 octane.

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Here best runs stock vs lund flex tuned with ambient conditions.
IMG_0018.jpg
Sponsored