Sponsored

lowering spring install shops

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I really wish some of you lived around me. I'd do this for a 6 pack of good craft beer and you just handing me tools as I needed them. I can have you back out of the garage in about an hour and a half. These are about as easy and straight forward as you can get.
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Prices are fair for a independent shop. Try going you dealer and see how much they charge. You guys act like is easy job and if you have done it before you wouldn't be here asking for price quote

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I really wish some of you lived around me. I'd do this for a 6 pack of good craft beer and you just handing me tools as I needed them. I can have you back out of the garage in about an hour and a half. These are about as easy and straight forward as you can get.
I have done suspension install on these cars over 20 times. No way you can do it with just regular tools and jacks in 1hr

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I have done suspension install on these cars over 20 times. No way you can do it with just regular tools and jacks in 1hr
Are you serious?

The line in red will save you 15 minutes.

Air tools
Jack stands

Front

1. Remove wheel
  2. Remove caliper
  3. Place jack under rotor and adjust as needed
  4. Unbolt sway bar rod from strut
    [*]remove top nut from strut. (this will unload the strut, but it won't go anwhere. Then lower the jack, and the unit will slowly drop from the strut tower)
  5. Unbolt strut from hub assemble, Then bang the bolts out.
  6. Remove strut
  7. Catch the spring and top hat on the way down.
  8. Use clamshell compressor to compress new spring
  9. Install new spring and tighten top nut
  10. Install strut assembly and reassemble. Litterally I can do both sides in about 40 minutes.

Rear
  1. One side at a time..
  2. Remove wheel
  3. Place jack under spring perch
  4. Unbolt two top shock bolts
  5. Unbolt two sub frame bolts
  6. Lower jack
  7. Push down on hub assembly. (a friend here helps, but I've always done it by myself with one arm, while pulling the spring out with the other)
  8. Remove spring
  9. Install new spring.
  10. Reassemble

Do other side of the rear.

20-30 minutes tops on the rears.

-Jeff

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It is an easy job. It may be intimidating, but it's easy. Front just pull out the strut assembly, disassemble that using a spring compressor of course, put new spring in and reassemble strut, reinstall like it was taken out. Rear you gotta either use the spring compressor to pull out the old spring or drop the IRS bolts a little on that side and push the perch down and yank it out. Gotta remove the shock but that's 4 bolts and a sneeze and you're done.

If you're not car savvy, not easy to believe you can do it but doesn't make the job not easy if you compare this to many other cars.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Are you serious?

The line in red will save you 15 minutes.

Air tools
Jack stands

Jesus, they are very easy on these cars.

Front

1. Remove wheel
  2. Remove caliper
  3. Place jack under rotor and adjust as needed
  4. Unbolt sway bar rod from strut
    [*]remove top nut from strut. (this will unload the strut, but it won't go anwhere. Then lower the jack, and the unit will slowly drop from the strut tower)
  5. Unbolt strut from hub assemble, Then bang the bolts out.
  6. Remove strut
  7. Catch the spring and top hat on the way down.
  8. Use clamshell compressor to compress new spring
  9. Install new spring and tighten top nut
  10. Install strut assembly and reassemble. Litterally I can do both sides in about 40 minutes.

Rear
  1. One side at a time..
  2. Remove wheel
  3. Place jack under spring perch
  4. Unbolt two top shock bolts
  5. Unbolt two sub frame bolts
  6. Lower jack
  7. Push down on hub assembly. (a friend here helps, but I've always done it by myself with one arm, while pulling the spring out with the other)
  8. Remove spring
  9. Install new spring.
  10. Reassemble

Do other side of the rear.

20-30 minutes tops on the rears.

-Jeff

You are right. It would be half of that with a lift and air tools.

So front and back spring install around 20-30min shops shouldn't be charging more that $50

FN2187

Changed to "project85"
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IG: proj85
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Can you please move to Northern California :cheers:

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I'm in the High Desert I'll do them for 200.. but you'll have to take it to get aligned and preferably you want to wait about a hundred and fifty miles to let everything settle.