Sponsored

Lowering Spring Install Cost Tri-State Area Fair?

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I was just quoted by my local mechanic for $960 for install of lowering springs, camber plates and alignment. I have no idea if this is fair or not for the tri-state area.

What is the typical labor hours required for lowering springs? This would give me a good idea what they are charging me hourly. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I was just quoted by my local mechanic for $960 for install of lowering springs, camber plates and alignment. I have no idea if this is fair or not for the tri-state area.

What is the typical labor hours required for lowering springs? This would give me a good idea what they are charging me hourly. Thanks for any input.
Most alignment shops charge $80 and the camber plates is part of the process. Give us the name of that shop to warn members to stay away. That is stupid expensive. And I will bet you since they do not know how to quote this job that will screw something up. Run from this shop.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Most alignment shops charge $80 and the camber plates is part of the process. Give us the name of that shop to warn members to stay away. That is stupid expensive. And I will bet you since they do not know how to quote this job that will screw something up. Run from this shop.
It took me an hour to replace my struts and shocks. Rear springs would have been an extra 30 minutes or so. That being said I did it in my garage without a lift or advanced tools so you be the judge on if $960 is outrageous.

OP
OP
skinnysaurus

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Don't want to get into calling them out just for quoting a job. It's buyer beware and their perogative but I'll keep looking elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up but I did recall reading somewhere it should only take about an hour each corner so I was def. suspicious which was why I'm asking.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Shop near me quoted $300 for the spring/camber plate installation and $120 for alignment and that they'd need my car for two hours tops. This was before my big "go nuts" decision on my suspension, haha. $1,000 for springs and an alignment could be bested at a dealership, let alone an independent shop.

They may be thinking the car is more difficult than it is for some reason. I'd shoot for a maximum of $500 to have this work done at a shop. I'm sure you can beat that. Just don't end up at like a Meineke or some crap - you may get lucky and get a guy who knows CC plates but that's not their usual deal.

Maybe try PSI Proformance which is in that area. Or ask around where people get performance alignments; those shops will usually also install springs.

Sponsored

SorryOfficer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
$960 :eyebulge:

Just did my springs last weekend in my home garage. Took about 45 minutes to an hour per front corner, and about an hour total for the rear. 3-4 hours labor at any shop should be fine (@$100/hr = roughly $350). Plates are part of that process, so they shouldn't charge more for putting those on. And an alignment shouldn't be more than $100.

$960 is outrageous though.

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I got a quote of $820 for springs and alignment in Philadelphia area. For the springs it’s $120 a hour labor x 5 hrs. And alignment at $95 a hour for 2.5 hours. Going off this thread being 5 years old, I’m thinking this is fair. The shop seems like a all around speed shop as they are willing to install short throw shifter and a h pipe for me. Which they rate at 2 hours and 1 1/2 hours (for clamping and 2 1/2 hours for welded) respectively. As I’m new to the hobby/ownership I’d like to build a relationship with a shop for future needs. Anyone in Philadelphia area have any recommendations or thoughts on the above ? Tia.

s550_from_NJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I have always used kaspers korner. Check out their website and social media...they do great work and work on high end vehicles. Tommy , the owner, is also into mustangs....you’ll see what I mean if you check them out lol

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Mustang Magic did mine for 400 that may have included sway bars too if I remember right. There are in deer park Long Island NY

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Talk to Dalton at Evolution Automotive in Aston PA.

he has done work on my car.

CVCashmere

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Koch 33 ford quoted me $1650 for springs and catback install.
Not for me!
Sponsored