jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I have camber envy!

With FP camber plates I was able to get -2.4 camber in the front. When I added a camber bolt and FP lowering springs I maxed out at -2.9. I’ve been very happy with the results on track.
4AE20841-35A8-4978-A0FE-144BDD988358.jpeg
AF10BB26-54D0-490E-A080-6F76C89D4751.jpeg
wonder what is different about our cars! bmr (and i assume others) bolts have a range of about 2.5 which should give an additional 1.2-1.3 in each direction, so I wonder why you only saw an additional .5 especially after lowering! that said, I do think around -3 is really good for sticky street tires.
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
So for the street, you don't need either? You can get (maybe) up to -2.6 stock? That's a-plenty for a street car. I thought bone stock there was no adjustment at all (could very likely be wrong on that).
if just using on street you should stick to oem alignment specs or close to it. and when I said oem, I meant the oem handling pack camber plates for 19 and up cars.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I’ve been overthinking this...and after speaking with a buddy of mine that’s exactly what we’re going to do today. Take out the camber bolt, put back the OEM strut to spindle bolt, and run at least -1.7 on both fronts. Done. Here’s how she looks with the drop by the way...
792CB144-04BF-4647-8CAE-7F3236776841.png
Perfecto!

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
I'm curious as to what the GT350 road-racers have experienced with increasing the negative camber in front and rear. What do your pyrometer/tire temperature readings tell you? Have you actually ever recorded readings indicating the tire temps on the outer tread are higher than the middle or inner tread? I don't track my GT350 so I really don't know, but I raced Vipers competitively for 10 years and never witnessed a tire temp reading indicating the outer tread was too hot/getting overworked. I generally ran negative 2.5 degrees in the front and negative 1.5 degrees in the rear. More often than not, the temperature readings on the inner tread were considerably higher than the middle or outside, indicating too much negative camber. Hot tire temperatures ranging between 180-200 across the tread produced best results on both Hoosier and Goodyear slicks. It was very difficult to achieve only a 10% temperature variation across the tread. We adjusted our tire pressures, shock settings, wing settings, alignment settings, etc. to achieve optimal hot tire pressures over the course of a 30-50 minute sprint race. Used marginally less aggressive settings for 2-3 hour enduros. You need to start out by researching what the optimal tire temperatures for maximum grip are with the tires you are running. The tire manufacturer should provide you with this information. You dial everything on your car to reach optimal grip on a sustained basis. Here is an example dialing in the car to get to optimal tire temps:
tire temps.jpg
Sponsored