Sponsored

Lower Shield questions

Robert Adolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang
Hello,
I have a 2019 Ecoboost. I am changing my base lower shield (ford part JR3Z-17626-A) to a performance pack lower shield (ford part JR3Z-17626-B) so I can install an aftermarket chin spoiler (MMD).

The base lower shield has a piece of insulation attached to it. This piece of insulation seems to fit under the radiator. The performance pack lower shield has no insulation.

My questions are: Do I have to transfer this piece of insulation over to the performance pack shield? Why did the performance pack shield not come with insulation? Would installing the performance pack shield without insulation cause any excessive heat/possible fire to the shield?

I emailed Ford corporate about this and was told to contact a Dealer. I contacted a Dealer who told me to contact Ford corporate. So no help yet.

You can see some pictures of these lower shields here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/chin-spoiler-and-lower-shield-install.138644/
The third picture shows the two lower shields together.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thank You

UPDATE: After speaking with a member here, he told me that the piece of insulation attached to the lower shield (JR3Z-17626-A) is for sound.
Sponsored

Last edited: