• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Virginia Low Profile Trailer Hitch

beefsupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco
If your Mustang is your only car, you might consider adding some functionality with a trailer hitch. Ford states that you can tow 1,000 lbs with either an EcoBoost or the V8 (this hitch is rated for 2,000 lbs if you're bold). That means you can tow a motorcycle/ATV, jet ski/kayaks, hitch-mounted bike rack, bring your wheels and tires to the track, or general use with the $15/day 4'x7' U-Haul trailer. There are some cheap aluminum trailers on Amazon which only weigh 200 lbs, so realistically your max load using Ford's recommendation is 800 lbs.

The mountings holes already exist on your car, so it took me about 3 hours. So if you don't use it often and you don't like the looks, you can take it off.

I think the only tow hitch out there that doesn't look awful is the Curt Manufacturing low-profile hitch (this one). It's quite hard to spot on your car because most of the metal structure is above the level of your bumper.

I ordered one online from a third party retailer, and they sent me a used one, so I complained and they sent me another. That said, if you look underneath your car you'll notice that it's all going to get dusty and rock pelted anyways so maybe it's not a problem - especially if you get a good deal, because nobody is normally looking up under your car.

This hitch receiver retails for $450, I'm selling this used version as-is for $140. This hitch doesn't include the light-wires, they are maybe $40 more online.

Take a look at the attached images to see the actual item, and that same model on a Mustang.

Pick-up in NoVA.

Entire Curt Hitch.jpg

Ford Mustang Curt Hitch No Ball.jpg

Ford Mustang Curt Hitch With Ball.jpg

Ford Mustang Curt Hitch With Bicycle.jpg

Other Side of Curt Hitch.jpg

Trailer Hitch Proof of Work.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
beefsupreme

beefsupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco
Notes: a community member has stated he tried this model hitch on a 2019 GT and had clearance issues on the quad-tipped exhaust.

Those with active exhaust will also need to move a clip on the exhaust.