Sponsored

Lotus Emira, stunning

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've been completely sold the Emira, it looks frankly amazing, inside and out it just offers so much. Anyway I've been offered over what i paid for the GT 19 months ago, its on 0% finance meaning it owes me nearly £14k and I'm not using it and whilst I love the thing it does lack the nimble feeling of my M2, not saying the GT is disappointing, far from it, it's been great but I feel the Emira would be a better fit, so (refundable) deposit is down and I will be hopefully the owner of the last petrol Lotus make, oh and I'm going for the V6, manual.

I really can't believe they start at £60k, yes that's the AMG 4 pot bit even so. The only thing that is unclear is options, we will see.
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The excitement in your post, is tangible. I can see the attraction.
I hope it works out for you.
Good luck.
Keep us posted!
:)

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sadly as more information starts to make its way online, although most speculative, it would appear the V6 will probably be £75-85k, I sort of knew it would be but hoped it wouldn't!

I'm going to keep my deposit down and see what the 4 pot AMG sourced engine sounds like but I'm still interested but probably not available until summer 2022. I need to have a think as I'm basing the purchase on the equity I currently have in the GT based on high used values, if that falls away it starts looking less attractive. Can I live with only the one car that I share with the other half for.maybe 9-12-18 months? Probably.

The dream is being crushed!!!

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Sadly as more information starts to make its way online, although most speculative, it would appear the V6 will probably be £75-85k, I sort of knew it would be but hoped it wouldn't!

I'm going to keep my deposit down and see what the 4 pot AMG sourced engine sounds like but I'm still interested but probably not available until summer 2022. I need to have a think as I'm basing the purchase on the equity I currently have in the GT based on high used values, if that falls away it starts looking less attractive. Can I live with only the one car that I share with the other half for.maybe 9-12-18 months? Probably.

The dream is being crushed!!!
Buy a cheap beater that you can sell again for the same in one or two year. That's what I did when I ordered my Mustang two years ago and was told it would be a 6-9 month wait till delivery, except I did not sell the beater. So convenient not having to care much whether whatever I am doing on the Mustang will take a day or a week as I can use the other car in the meantime.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wait for them to start hitting the second hand market ?
The wait might also weed out all the early niggling faults

Sponsored

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Wait for them to start hitting the second hand market ?
The wait might also weed out all the early niggling faults
It's a Lotus, ongoing niggling issues are part of the experience I've heard!

Waiting for a decent used one I imagine I would be looking at a long long time to see a decent level of money is knocked off used values. Couple that to the general shit used finance I don't think I'm willing to wait that long and the extra uncertainty considering the GT may well have been sold.

We will see but it's becoming a doubtful purchase all things considered

Bugger and bugger

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Why didn't I think of that in the first place 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Solid man math that is.

"ooh, I'd love a Mach 1 but they're so expensive"

"How about the Emira?? Wait, that's even more too expensive"

"ooh, look how cheap the Mach 1 is!"

Sold.

Sponsored
OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Solid man math that is.

"ooh, I'd love a Mach 1 but they're so expensive"

"How about the Emira?? Wait, that's even more too expensive"

"ooh, look how cheap the Mach 1 is!"

Sold.
🤣🤣🤣 Magic abacus does wonders.

Ps, I was kidding, I'm not actually considering a Mach 1.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's negotiating with the misses 101, aim high and "settle" for the model you actually wanted :like:

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It's negotiating with the misses 101, aim high and "settle" for the model you actually wanted :like:
I'm on to a.winner with this and prematurely convinced her that I would be mad not to sell it due to its current used value!! Its now looking like I'm going to have to back track and when the arse drops out the used market (which it will) I'm going to have egg in my face big time.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
This the expected exige replacement finally ?

tbh i think i prefer the evora

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Cars like the Emira will likely not depreciate in value - if anything they'll go up.
Sponsored