Sponsored

Lotus Emira, stunning

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
I have also put a deposit down on the Emira.

There has been a huge amount of demand and I think Lotus have been taken by surprise by the interest, so I just hope they will be sensible with the pricing of the V6 otherwise a lot of people will be asking for their deposit back.

Still, it's great to see so much interest in a car made in the UK.
Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Stunning car. I had the pleasure of being a passenger in a supercharged Exige on a trackday some months ago, which was the first time I've seen another car (except for a GT350R) on a trackday here that made me think "Mmm, that car doesn't look bad at all". Photos of the Emira look even better.

https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/emira-vs-elise-vs-exige-side-by-side-design-comparison.483755/

But that's a toy for people with a lot more money than I unfortunately. The Mustang at least has some pretence at being a semi-normal family car, until the children become too old/tall if nothing else.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Lotus have taken in excess of 2000 pre-order deposits and the initial allocation was 660 cars for the UK market for 2022. They can triple this by going to 3 shifts rather than a single shift and by diverting some non-UK cars to the UK but demand will exceed supply for some time. First cars will be delivered early 2022 with AMG powered cars about 3 months later. First Edition cars will be fully specced V6 cars around £80k to £85k. The £59995.00 cars will come a few months later. To be honest they could have sold it for £100k!

Realistically if your deposit is not down you will not get the car until early 2023

Second hand cars will sell for a premium for sure.

My cheque book is also out!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
This the expected exige replacement finally ?

tbh i think i prefer the evora
The Evora production stopped this Spring and Elise and Exige in a month or two. Pretty much all of the 'old' models are sold.

Emira is a single model to replace all of them that uses the same VVA platform as the Evora but as one of those 'V's stands for versatile it is fairly different around the cabin area. The mule test cars were dressed up with Evora bodywork so the grey car you see being driven has done a few miles now disguised as an Evora.

If you can cope with Shmee here is an onboard from FOS with JB. As with the Evora probably the best sounding V6 of all time.

I'm BUYING a Lotus Emira! Exclusive Drive with Jenson Button - YouTube

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Must admit did like the look of it when launched, also thought it was cheap at £60k, so spoke to a Lotus dealer and they thought a V6 would be £75k+, which is closing in on GT500 territory in my mind, so thought I would give it a miss

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Must admit did like the look of it when launched, also thought it was cheap at £60k, so spoke to a Lotus dealer and they thought a V6 would be £75k+, which is closing in on GT500 territory in my mind, so thought I would give it a miss
They are very different cars and will scratch very different itches. Mustang is a more practical everyday driver for sure, but Emira would leave it for dead on road and track.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT