Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Lorne34 , in the wet too? You sure are a brave lad. Awesome picture at Road America. Definitely one track I want to do before it’s all over.
Thanks... yeah there was light rain on one of the days in TN, but the MPSS handled it great. Just glad I was not on the Cup 2's. Road America is a high horsepower track and really built for the Shelby. You will enjoy it, just got to take a trip out here. Let me know when you come out.
Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Thanks... yeah there was light rain on one of the days in TN, but the MPSS handled it great. Just glad I was not on the Cup 2's. Road America is a high horsepower track and really built for the Shelby. You will enjoy it, just got to take a trip out here. Let me know when you come out.
I will be out for the IMSA series. I go to RA several times a year for bike and car races, as well as motorcycle track days.

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The week of July 15th I attended a Shelby Mountain Run event in Fontana Dam, NC. The Fontana Resort is located next to the Smokey Mountains and 5 minutes down the road from the Tail of the Dragon. I was able to drive the Tail numerous times as well as the Devils Triangle, North Ridge Parkway and the roads leading up to and in the Smokey Mountain National Park.

There were 100 Shelby Mustangs attending the event, with 98% of those being GT350's. The roads were fun, challenging, and scary all at the same time. The GT350 handled fantastic and was pushed to the limit at times, but just kept coming back for more.

3368665.jpg
IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG

3368646.jpg
That's awesome you were able to come down! Steve does a great job with that event. I live right by there but unfortunately couldn't make it this year. Hopefully you make it back next year!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome you were able to come down! Steve does a great job with that event. I live right by there but unfortunately couldn't make it this year. Hopefully you make it back next year!
Thanks Chris,
I really enjoyed the trip with the exception of the ride back was pretty brutal with IN, IL, and WI traffic congestion on a Sunday of all days....
I have quite a few things on my bucket list and only so much time off so I am debating whether to go next year of take a year off from that route. If I did go again I think I would trailer my 350 down there though.....

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Chris,
I really enjoyed the trip with the exception of the ride back was pretty brutal with IN, IL, and WI traffic congestion on a Sunday of all days....
I have quite a few things on my bucket list and only so much time off so I am debating whether to go next year of take a year off from that route. If I did go again I think I would trailer my 350 down there though.....
Traffic isn't the best with these cars but after doing about a 3000 mile road trip in mine we discovered the key for a more enjoyable experience for us was not to rush the trip. Lots of back roads, lots of stops to see new (and sometimes strange) places, food and drinks. Takes longer but is fun and stretches the back out as well! I trailer to track days though and that's definitely the way to go a lot of times!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Traffic isn't the best with these cars but after doing about a 3000 mile road trip in mine we discovered the key for a more enjoyable experience for us was not to rush the trip. Lots of back roads, lots of stops to see new (and sometimes strange) places, food and drinks. Takes longer but is fun and stretches the back out as well! I trailer to track days though and that's definitely the way to go a lot of times!
Agreed, and the trip down was actually very nice as we only did 6 hrs a day and avoided much of the traffic. It was just the long journey back home that was rough. We had our son and daughter in law visiting from Reno Nevada and didn't want to miss any more time with them so we pushed it and made it back in one day.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Went out to the garage today...she's been sitting dormant for 2 weeks since the trip to TN.
Didn't have the battery tender on, so was a bit concerned about battery drain which does funky things to the electronics.
Decided to take her out for a short drive down some local country roads. the roads are a bit rough so the car is tramlining like crazy, hanging on to the steering wheel while it is sending me all kinds of sensory input. Meanwhile the engine is roaring in 3rd gear at 45-60pmph. I let off the gas pedal a bit and the exhaust crackles and burbles... I suddenly realized I had this big grin on my face. It's been almost 2 years and this car gives me an unbelievable experience every time.
IMG_1272.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally getting my garage put together. I have a gas heater on order that should be installed the 3rd week in December. This is going to be a monumental event for me. Never had a heated garage, much less one that I could move around in. Want to finish the slat wall organizing, move stuff out of the middle section so I can rotate my Shelby around for taking care of winter projects. The cabinets need organizing as well. It's going to feel surreal to be out there in Jan/Feb
IMG_1986.jpg
IMG_1987.jpg
IMG_1990.jpg
IMG_1992.jpg
IMG_1991.jpg
IMG_1993.jpg

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the Shelby cleaned, prepped for the long winter hibernation. Things are getting easier with the new garage setup. Feeling very fortunate to be able to store at home, having it hooked up to the battery tender.
Remembered to purchase a battery tender cable extension and route the wires through the head light area which made for a much cleaner setup.
Took her to my detailer a few days prior for a Gtechniq Ceramic Coating check up. It's required under warranty... A booster is applied to the coating as well. Really happy with how the ceramic coating has held up. Had time for a much needed cleaning of the exhaust tips... wish I had taken a "before" picture. Did a full interior detail as well.
I have a bunch of projects planned for the winter months now that I have the heated garage. Want to remove the rear diffuser and clean out all the rocks. I have a buzzing/rattling noise coming from under the dash. Pretty sure I know the source and how to fix it. Also want to get the Xeneering auto blip module switch installed properly within the center console or the dash...
Man, I just love the Performance Blue Color...
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1927.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG
IMG_1935.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Finally got the Shelby cleaned, prepped for the long winter hibernation.
I feel for you Lorne… I was born and raised up North (Detroit).
Hibernation now in the South occurs for me regularly only when it rains. There have been times when I have had to NOT drive the Shelby for and entire week. Imagine the trauma.

Seriously, I don’t know how you guys do it up North without going absolutely craz.y.

I feel for you folks…!!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hibernation now in the South occurs for me regularly only when it rains. There have been times when I have had to NOT drive the Shelby for and entire week. Imagine the trauma.

Seriously, I don’t know how you guys do it up North without going absolutely craz.y.

Thanks Dave. I am getting closer to retirement and each year I tell my wife we are going south during the winter and I'll take the Shelby with me.
Having the heated garage will really help me through the winter storage period. I plan on doing a lot of work out there and some on the 350. Even in March it's chilly.
The one positive I will say is it does give me such an appreciation for the times I can drive it and the anticipation when things warm up is pretty uplifting. There is just something magical about the snow melting, the sun coming out, the birds chirping and firing it up for the first ride of the year. Goosebumps....

Last edited:

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the Shelby cleaned, prepped for the long winter hibernation. Things are getting easier with the new garage setup. Feeling very fortunate to be able to store at home, having it hooked up to the battery tender.
Remembered to purchase a battery tender cable extension and route the wires through the head light area which made for a much cleaner setup.
Took her to my detailer a few days prior for a Gtechniq Ceramic Coating check up. It's required under warranty... A booster is applied to the coating as well. Really happy with how the ceramic coating has held up. Had time for a much needed cleaning of the exhaust tips... wish I had taken a "before" picture. Did a full interior detail as well.
I have a bunch of projects planned for the winter months now that I have the heated garage. Want to remove the rear diffuser and clean out all the rocks. I have a buzzing/rattling noise coming from under the dash. Pretty sure I know the source and how to fix it. Also want to get the Xeneering auto blip module switch installed properly within the center console or the dash...
Man, I just love the Performance Blue Color...
IMG_1873.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1927.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG
IMG_1935.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG
Looks great man! Now I have to clean my exhaust tips though.... :) Next garage upgrade needs to be a set of QuickJack car lifts! Best thing ever, especially for a low to the ground car.

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Mine doesn't come out a ton during the winter but I am going to Barber Motorsports Park in January so praying for good weather!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great man! Now I have to clean my exhaust tips though.... :) Next garage upgrade needs to be a set of QuickJack car lifts! Best thing ever, especially for a low to the ground car.
THanks, and yes, I have been looking into the Quickjack Car Lifts. I want to be able to take my wheels off without a lot of drama for cleaning and eventual track tire swap. I have a set of Wheel dollies on order from Summit Racing so I can move the shelby around in the garage this winter for detailing and other work. We have a 3 car garage, but it's a tight fit because these stupid house designers/architects put in those ridiculous indents on the third stall and leave you with little to no depth at the rear of the garage...

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
THanks, and yes, I have been looking into the Quickjack Car Lifts. I want to be able to take my wheels off without a lot of drama for cleaning and eventual track tire swap. I have a set of Wheel dollies on order from Summit Racing so I can move the shelby around in the garage this winter for detailing and other work. We have a 3 car garage, but it's a tight fit because these stupid house designers/architects put in those ridiculous indents on the third stall and leave you with little to no depth at the rear of the garage...

Yep it's the only way to go unless you happen to have room for an actually cylinder lift. You won't regret it at all, best thing ever. Makes wheel swaps easy and quick. If you also plan on using track only brake pads a set of caliperfexion brake caliper studs make that much quicker as well!
Sponsored