Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happens to mine nearly every time it gets a service.

The instant terror followed by the relief of finding it just hasn't been cleaned up properly is something I could live without.
LOL ... yes, thanks for the affirmation. It wouldn't have been so back except my track day was the next weekend.... The guy at my dealership was great by the way. Really knows his stuff and pretty much knew what had happened. He even reminded them when they did the service about making sure that was cleaned up. There is a panel that can be dropped without dropping the whole under belly for cleanup.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome looking ride! ill be up in elkhart lake at RA for the Redman weekend next week, ill keep an eye out for your plate and any other shelbys/stangs :rockon:
Hey Dennis, thanks for reaching out. Can you send me the info for the RA event, I am not sure I am aware of all the details....

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Lorne,
Andy and I will be there Sunday.
where do you guys hang out? ill be camping with my dad in the carousel, we usually rotate between corner 3, Canada, corner 1, and the paddock. just look for the white '19 and either a red or ivory-colored Alfa Romeo Spider. cant miss my plates :cwl:

1625844722342.png

Sponsored

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
where do you guys hang out? ill be camping with my dad in the carousel, we usually rotate between corner 3, Canada, corner 1, and the paddock. just look for the white '19 and either a red or ivory-colored Alfa Romeo Spider. cant miss my plates :cwl:

1625844722342.png
Pits And Canada corner . Don't think I will bring mine up but we will see. I will look for you for sure. My plates are 65 DNA if you see a blue gt350.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Pits And Canada corner . Don't think I will bring mine up but we will see. I will look for you for sure. My plates are 65 DNA if you see a blue gt350.
Sounds good, I'll be looking for any and all shelbys and mustangs regardless, that's a given!

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my Craig's Front License plate bracket installed. Works great and I love the placement.
Went on a long trip and was glad to have the license plate protecting the front bumper stripes...
20200516_150410.jpg
20200516_151652.jpg
20200516_151658.jpg
cb2.jpg
IMG_1252.JPG
IMG_1253.JPG

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Xeneering Auto Blip Module on the GT350.
https://www.xineering.com/dbw.html
The unit provides a throttle blip to simulate rev matching, primarily for spirited driving and on the track. I decided to go this route
because Track time is fleeting and consumables are not cheap. At this time I don't want to give up too many laps learning to do something that a device can do for me.
I also would love to be a purist and just heel/toe myself, However, on the track with the degree of threshold breaking involved I decided to eliminate this step so I can concentrate on learning the track, improving my lines, apex, etc...

You can read about the unit on this thread..
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-downshift-blip-module-install-review.143224/

Here is my synopsis of the install:
The install is simple due to mostly OEM plugs, but it is time consuming.

1. The clutch plug is a nightmare, get your wife or daughter to reach up in there and do it. I didn't quite understand the posts about twisting the coupler and removing the mount. I decided to not try that as I am not sure which is worse, getting the plug into the harness or getting the harness remounted where it's supposed to be. After 30 minutes of killing my hand I had my oldest daughter complete the task in 5 minutes, most of which was me explaining where the plug was located.
2. for 2019-2020 models there were some changes to the BCM, so I was told initially to posi-tap directly into the wiring harness on the foot pedal. That was a BAD idea. Even after removing the harness plug from the brake pedal you do not have enough access to the wires to comfortably posi-tap. There is a zip tie connection up very deep into the upper dash that prevents the wiring harness from dropping down. I was able to do it, but ended up having the wire pull out of the posi-tap due to brake pedal movement. I ended up speaking with Will and was able to identify the VT/WHT wire in the BCM which hadn't changed location. Much better fitment. Another reason for not tapping the brown wire into the brake pedal harness directly is the length on the brown wire is insufficient, as well as complicated to route and zip tie without causing the wire to pull. I’m just grateful that the brown wire released easily and did not pull out or damage my brake pedal harness connector. I feel much more at peace with having the wiretaps at the BCM connection.
3. Once I got the brown wire tapped into the BCM the unit still was not working...I discovered the brown wire was not fully engaged/wrapped into the positap connector. I ended up cutting the open wire and stripping a fresh section.
4. Switch- I wanted to try the unit out with no drama and go with the simplest solution, so I purchased a 12v cigarette port switch and just ran the cable down the center console to the orange wire coiled up in the glove box.
The goal would be to put a rocker switch in the center console similar to what Jeff ashton did, but use the wiring from the cigarette lighter plug in the center console vs having to go back to the BCM. I did confirm that the cigarette lighter adapter is controlled by Accessory power, so it would work and not keep the module on 24x7 to avoid battery drain.

There is definitely a learning curve with this unit as well once installed. I lurched forward at a stop sign once and my shifts are slower than the blip ratio and duration.

Here is some suggestions from Will:

Hello Lorne,

Being mindful of foot placement is the biggest part of the learning curve. Bringing the shifter into neutral before stopping at a stop sign will keep you out of gear and will allow the engine to freely spin without lurking the car, if a blip is initiated.
I remember when I was first doing spirited street driving with my module, my feet became noodles trying to not stand on the clutch. I learned to treat my pedals like buttons for what I wanted to do, never holding down the pedals until the event I needed (downshift, braking, etc.) was over.
Over time, I became a lot more aware of my feet, and driving with the module on at all times was the new norm... well, except for reversing up my steep driveway, that was always tough, the module was turned off for that one.

Posting some pictures below..
IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1232.JPG
BCM VW connection.jpg
IMG_1234.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG
IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1236.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A nice photo from my Road America Track day a few weeks back, Thanks Andy!
ShelbyClubGroup5Saturday-12.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Some Gas Pump Photos.. always wanted to try a few of these...
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1419.JPG

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Went to my local Ford dealership and picked up a pair of these seat belt extenders. Thanks Bill for your recommendation. I don't really have a need for it, but my wife is constantly bothered by the seat belt tearing at her neck. We did a long trip recently and this really helped. Don't think I would wear them in a HPDE situation, but for normal driving they are ok...
IMG_1383.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Took my 17 year old daughter out for a date and a manual transmission driving lesson. She has a desire to drive manual just like her brothers and sisters did.
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The week of July 15th I attended a Shelby Mountain Run event in Fontana Dam, NC. The Fontana Resort is located next to the Smokey Mountains and 5 minutes down the road from the Tail of the Dragon. I was able to drive the Tail numerous times as well as the Devils Triangle, North Ridge Parkway and the roads leading up to and in the Smokey Mountain National Park.

There were 100 Shelby Mustangs attending the event, with 98% of those being GT350's. The roads were fun, challenging, and scary all at the same time. The GT350 handled fantastic and was pushed to the limit at times, but just kept coming back for more.

3368665.jpg
IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG

3368646.jpg

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey @Lorne34 , in the wet too? You sure are a brave lad. Awesome picture at Road America. Definitely one track I want to do before it’s all over.
Sponsored