Looks like my drivers side catalytic converter is going to be replaced

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
When I start the car up I have a loud metallic clanging that comes back every time you blip the throttle.

Then when I am downshifting to 2nd and coming to a stop on engine brake, its a loud clanging, almost like a jack hammer under the car. Also I have a pretty bad rotten egg smell.

Took it to the dealer, a tech believes its the drivers side catalytic converter internal elements not secure.

Can't get in for an appointment for 2 weeks. It's embarrassing to drive the car this way.

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black
I had this issue for 3 days a few weeks ago. Also driver side, up near the suitcase. I could hold between 1200-1800 RPM and it would just rattle/rattle/rattle. Then one day it just stopped. I had an appointment for oil change/tire rotation and to check the squealing brakes so I had them check it out. They found nothing wrong with the exhaust and the issue hasn't returned.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I have the same problem with my V6, but they think it is in the resonator suitcase. A replacement is on order...

Guess we'll see if these are the same problem, and which dealer was correct!

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium automatic select shift
I believe I am having the same issue...a rattling coming from the drivers side when I first start my car and keeps making the sound for about 5 minutes while driving before it goes away. I'm taking it into ford 2maro for them to look at it. Mine only happens if the car has been sitting though
Sponsored