Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hi all!

Here’s another exhaust question...

Is anyone running SR Performance Axle Backs paired with an H Pipe on their S550, more so the 2015-2017 models?

I’ve got a Steeda H Pipe on my 2017 GT and though she sounds good, I need a little more.

Looking for the right axle backs (I’ve already got the Roush ones in mind), and was wondering if SR Performance was the way to go.

Any and all help is appreciated!
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Drone might be an issue. A fella I know ran a Steeda H along with an axleback and he said it was too much drone. I do not remember which AB setup he had tho. Sorry if that doesn't help much. Have you looked into Solo Performance exhaust?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
will have super drone. The SR's sound nice at WOT but will get obnoxious on highway/cruising unless you add couple of resonators in Steeda X pipe. I had similar setup but with SLP LM2's.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Are you looking to go loud? LTH is a solid option for axle backs, roush sound great alone in my opinion. Let us know if we can help ya out!

OP
OP

avy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Drone might be an issue. A fella I know ran a Steeda H along with an axleback and he said it was too much drone. I do not remember which AB setup he had tho. Sorry if that doesn't help much. Have you looked into Solo Performance exhaust?
Oh geez, I definitely would like to stay away from the drone. The Steeda H now gives a nice deep rumble at highway cruising speeds with the stock mufflers, which I don’t mind. I haven’t actually, have you had any experiences with them?

Sponsored

OP
OP

avy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
will have super drone. The SR's sound nice at WOT but will get obnoxious on highway/cruising unless you add couple of resonators in Steeda X pipe. I had similar setup but with SLP LM2's.
Thanks for the input! The axle backs themselves don’t sound too bad with stock resonator, but seeing I’ve already gone h pipe, I’m not necessarily looking to go back to the stock resonator. How did you like the SLP LM2s?

OP
OP

avy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Are you looking to go loud? LTH is a solid option for axle backs, roush sound great alone in my opinion. Let us know if we can help ya out!
I want to go louder than just h pipe and stock mufflers, but I don’t want my set up to be too loud or obnoxious. I’d like to keep the low and deep rumble without too much raspiness and drone. Some people are telling me roush with a mid pipe is too loud, others are telling me it’s perfect.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input! The axle backs themselves don’t sound too bad with stock resonator, but seeing I’ve already gone h pipe, I’m not necessarily looking to go back to the stock resonator. How did you like the SLP LM2s?
I got a good deal on FRPP/Borla's. Lol. The LM2's sounded great with heartthrob h pipe. Once I went LTs too loud. So had resonators put into h pipe. Then steeda came out with x pipe. ran that combo, too loud again, so switched x pipe to MF TRU X, good for awhile with LM2's, nope didn't like it so got the Borlas used with black tips from member on here. Ran for about a year, to quiet, so just had Steeda h pipe welded in with 2 True Flow resonators from Amazon. Now its super quiet but loud at WOT.

There are some good deals to be had if you look. AM had RTR axleback on sale for $400 few weeks ago. I only paid $225 for the LM2's back in July 2016 from the bay. I got the FRPP/Borla's for $500 shipped on here. Good luck, as exhaust gets expensive as you keep changing your mind. Heres a soundclip of the LM2's

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
I want to go louder than just h pipe and stock mufflers, but I don’t want my set up to be too loud or obnoxious. I’d like to keep the low and deep rumble without too much raspiness and drone. Some people are telling me roush with a mid pipe is too loud, others are telling me it’s perfect.
We have some extra LTH axlebacks here I really think you'd like. They're deeper in tone and for the cost, I really think you'll like.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Roush with any mid pipe is shockingly loud and “obnoxious”. No one will be louder. I have yet to hear anyone louder when under acceleration. With this combo you’ll hurt a lot of straight piped truck and muscle car owners feelings. at idle or cruising along it’s very mild. Especially paired with a x pipe. No drone. Lots of loud and regular cracks and pops. Couldn’t be happier with Roush and xpipe but if you don’t want obnoxious it’s not the way to go

Roush alone is the perfect sound for most

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase