OP
OP
chowman90

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Will look into getting a battery after Xmas. Also thought about installing a capacitor that I have. Ive tried swapping the front to rear RCA's and same issue. I didn't try changing the RCA's from the sub amp to the four channel amp. As mentioned earlier, the Dayton DSP seems to do some weird things. Everything works and sounds good when just in acc mode. Soon as I start the car, the sub amp goes out and the the music coming from the speakers sounds like crap. I think there is also something wrong with the DSP. I will also check the voltage from the sub amp as soon as I start the car. (will have the wife start the car while I take the reading from the sub amp lol) Thanks Stangtime and OF5.0
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I just picked up on this: You said the sound from the front speakers sounds like crap and the sub amp goes I to protection mode... I thought the problem was just the sub amp going into protect. The common component here is the DSP. I would return it and try a new one. I'm betting this is the problem after all. But check one thing before you pull it. Make sure the DSP is getting the proper voltage on the power connector. Ignition in both run and accessory.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
One more thing. Where is the DSP? Drivers kick panel or trunk?

OP
OP
chowman90

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just picked up on this: You said the sound from the front speakers sounds like crap and the sub amp goes I to protection mode... I thought the problem was just the sub amp going into protect. The common component here is the DSP. I would return it and try a new one. I'm betting this is the problem after all. But check one thing before you pull it. Make sure the DSP is getting the proper voltage on the power connector. Ignition in both run and accessory.
Yes, I will be replacing the DSP with the JL audio one. Yes the sound sounds like crap when the car is started but sounds good when only in acc mode. I've heard nothing but good things about the JL audio DSP. The sub amp does go into protection mode in when connected to the DSP and when connected directly to the harness from Hextall (as a test). As for the placement, it is in the trunk. Looking to at least try a capacitor over the holidays as well as get a new battery (needed one anyway). Hopefully pick up the JL DSP someting next week. Thanks for your input and Merry Christmas!
Sponsored