Looking for a set of shipping blocks

MDM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
M3, F350
My dealer throws the shipping blocks in the trash and they don't expect another GT350 any time soon. Does anyone have a set they are willing to part with? I will use to make trailering this car a bit easier.

Thanks
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Only the R has shipping blocks. I assume thats what your talking about, not needed for the 350 thats not an R.

OP
OP

MDM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
M3, F350
According to the owners manual supplement and my dealer they all have the blocks. They just don’t keep them.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My dealer throws the shipping blocks in the trash and they don't expect another GT350 any time soon. Does anyone have a set they are willing to part with? I will use to make trailering this car a bit easier.

Thanks
The blocks are only there to increase ground clearance when the transporters are moving them from train to truck and so on. Is there an easier way you could use than installing them and removing them over and over - a longer ramp or something?

OP
OP

MDM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
M3, F350
The ramps on my trailer are ok. It is getting the straps under the car where the extra clearance may help. This car is lower than what i’m used to. If anyone is using an enclosed trailer please share your loading process.

Thanks

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
According to the owners manual supplement and my dealer they all have the blocks. They just don’t keep them.
Your dealership has no idea and should know better with the only cars that come with polyurethane shipping blocks front and back are the R models.

I have a few sets of them but chances are they won't fit based on the different spring design and spring height for the R models compared to a non R model.

:sunglasses:

OnTrack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red
Race ramps and I pull the car forward to hook the straps up to the chassis with T-hooks. That is because I can't reach where I need to with the wheel wells being in the way. Then roll it back to get the weight over the axles and hook up the rears. I do have to put a piece of 2x4 on the race ramps for the front wheels when the splitter comes near the door since the angle I have doesn't work, but I did that on my Z06 before too. After the splitter clears, I remove them. If you can't roll the car forward much, you can get the front over the door and hook up your straps and drape them in the open hood while it goes between the wheel wells of the trailer. I typically winch my cars into my trailer, but couldn't when I picked it up from the dealer.
Sponsored