Sponsored

Looking for a GT 350 - willing to pay a small ADM

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Not to be that guy, but if you didn't have a signed order, you didn't have a secured allocation. Good luck on finding another one though.

Please remember to make sure your deposit is REFUNDABLE when you do sign an order.
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
They only sell to local area people , no out of state sales.
They said they would "prefer" a local sale, but would go through with the sale if they had a solid buyer :shrug:

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The dealerships do not manage whether they get an R. What probably happened was that the dealership felt they could simply order an R, printed a DORA and the. Found out that they in fact could not get an R.
The dealership in question was already aware of how many allocations they were getting. When I said they were free to manage their allocations, I meant they had the choice to do first-come-first-serve, bidding, buddy system, or a lottery system.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I was thinking last night I'm glad I have to wait until late 2016 to buy one of these. I don't have to worry about the release date, and hopefully, ADM too! I'll enjoy watching the guinea pigs shred these cars and vendors figure out the technologies in the mean time.

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I was thinking last night I'm glad I have to wait until late 2016 to buy one of these. I don't have to worry about the release date, and hopefully, ADM too! I'll enjoy watching the guinea pigs shred these cars and vendors figure out the technologies in the mean time.
Ditto. I plan to trade my GT in for a GT350 with technology pkg next summer. By then prices will have entered a more reasonable realm. Challenge will be getting color I want, and getting trade-in value for my GT....and spousal approval.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LindsayEOD

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Call Jim Tidwell ford in Georgia. Someone posted their number in the order thread in the stickied thread area. On thursday they still had their allocation and at MSRP
I just talked with them and they didn't seem like they wanted to sell me one. They just took my info and said they will get back with me eventually. I'm not holding my breath.
Thanks for the info, though.

OP
OP
LindsayEOD

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Update to Tidwell, they have no more allocations and all incoming are sold.

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
I just talked with them and they didn't seem like they wanted to sell me one. They just took my info and said they will get back with me eventually. I'm not holding my breath.
Thanks for the info, though.
I contacted them too. They sent me a VOC. Ordered to spec. They just wanted 10K deposit to get the order going. I tried to negotiate a lower deposit amount. I got word today, it's been sold.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Okay,......I have to ask since this thread has been started.
So, say I know that I want a R car, a specific color and options. Can a person go into a Ford dealership and just order it as they want, or does said person have to take what the dealership has ordered already?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Okay,......I have to ask since this thread has been started.
So, say I know that I want a R car, a specific color and options. Can a person go into a Ford dealership and just order it as they want, or does said person have to take what the dealership has ordered already?
It depends. First we have to assume the dealer actually has an allocation for an R . Assuming they have a legit R allocation, if they have already ordered it, there is a good chance you can still modify it since production has yet to start, If they have yet to place the order, then you should not have a problem either way

It might be an issue is if they have already ordered it and it was one of the early MY16s that were rumored to be built alongside the MY15 cars.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LindsayEOD

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I contacted them too. They sent me a VOC. Ordered to spec. They just wanted 10K deposit to get the order going. I tried to negotiate a lower deposit amount. I got word today, it's been sold.
Wow, that is a huge deposit. I probably would not have done that. Thanks for the info.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It depends. First we have to assume the dealer actually has an allocation for an R . Assuming they have a legit R allocation, if they have already ordered it, there is a good chance you can still modify it since production has yet to start, If they have yet to place the order, then you should not have a problem either way
It might be an issue is if they have already ordered it and it was one of the early MY16s that were rumored to be built alongside the MY15 cars.
Great explanation. Thanks! :thumbsup:

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
They said they would "prefer" a local sale, but would go through with the sale if they had a solid buyer :shrug:
Thanks krt22. I've been lurking on these forums for months not willing to pay ADM. I know a dealer with 3 slots left at 5k over and was considering paying it. I have looked at c7's and even some mid year c2's. I have also looked at 911s as well. The 350 seemed to be such a bargain but I felt it was going to be too difficult to acquire. I saw your comments this morning and made a deal today for MSRP! Black on black, Track pack.
Thanks again.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Awesome, so you were the one who snagged the car at Jim Tidwell?

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Yes I got it. I am only about 18 miles from them. I have made several calls and emailed a lot of dealers with little or no success. I was quoted 20k over last week from a dealer in Atlanta
Nalley Ford has three non Rs left to be ordered. They want 5k over. Thom Hostetter is a good sales guy there. They started with 12 slots and have decided that all non Rs would be 5k over. They sold their 3 Rs for 7500 over.
I was very torn about track vs tech. This will be a weekend car and I really wanted the Recaros.
Sponsored