Look to make sure Yellow Front Spring spacers are removed

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Is there a dealer prep procedure for this car?

Seems like another sloppy Ford process issue. Too many of them for my liking - configurator on website multiple times, front fender wheel well plastic lip add, last minute stripe changes, HP rollout (should have had from day1 and install the wheels at the dealer if need be), front driving light factory option (why let the aftermarket dictate this), not getting to 500+ HP, no rear Brembos, no glove box light, trunk close handle, and lack of ventilated Ricaros like the competition.
Wahhhhh ............. :facepalm:
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Is there a dealer prep procedure for this car?

Seems like another sloppy Ford process issue. Too many of them for my liking - configurator on website multiple times, front fender wheel well plastic lip add, last minute stripe changes, HP rollout (should have had from day1 and install the wheels at the dealer if need be), front driving light factory option (why let the aftermarket dictate this), not getting to 500+ HP, no rear Brembos, no glove box light, trunk close handle, and lack of ventilated Ricaros like the competition.
what reality do you live in that ford would ship cars to dealers with temporary wheel/tire setups?

something i've noticed is a lot of the people that complain the mach 1 doesn't have 500 hp, rear brembos, etc etc are the same people that would bitch endlessly about the price had it been offered with all of those upgrades. in fact, i think a lot of you just like to bitch in general. about a car youre not even considering buying!
because the mach 1 is the newest mustang, you bring your whining to this subforum. hopefully ford can bring out another special edition soon so you can all migrate to that subforum and away from here.

Motorin Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M1355
Are these on the rear also? How do they come out as mine are still on also. What are the other two things in the Ford pics?

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Check out the attached document.
Unless I missed it, seems odd to not check the engine oil, trans and rear fluid.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
what reality do you live in that ford would ship cars to dealers with temporary wheel/tire setups?

something i've noticed is a lot of the people that complain the mach 1 doesn't have 500 hp, rear brembos, etc etc are the same people that would bitch endlessly about the price had it been offered with all of those upgrades. in fact, i think a lot of you just like to bitch in general. about a car youre not even considering buying!
because the mach 1 is the newest mustang, you bring your whining to this subforum. hopefully ford can bring out another special edition soon so you can all migrate to that subforum and away from here.
If you want to launch with the HP day one in the cold weather, you find a way to make it happen. Other manufacturers have done it with a rotational set of tires to get the vehicles to the dealers and swap the actual set prior to delivery.

Don't get you panties in a bunch. It is nice to see there is a prep sheet, too bad it wasn't followed for spacers and HP components. I'm not whining, I call them as i see them. I'm not a Ford fanboy like some on this page.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ford does not do that. Neither does GM with the Corvette. Don't like it ? Tough shit sweetheart.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
If you want to launch with the HP day one in the cold weather, you find a way to make it happen. Other manufacturers have done it with a rotational set of tires to get the vehicles to the dealers and swap the actual set prior to delivery.

Don't get you panties in a bunch. It is nice to see there is a prep sheet, too bad it wasn't followed for spacers and HP components. I'm not whining, I call them as i see them. I'm not a Ford fanboy like some on this page.
Maybe they didn’t want to launch the HP on day 1? They don’t ship gt350r’s or gt500 cftp cars with temporary wheel/tire setups. If they won’t do it for those, the Mach 1 is definitely not getting special treatment.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Took delivery of Twister Orange Mach 1. Just and awesome car. Put it on my lift at home and found the Yellow Front Spring shipping spacers were still on the car.

No worries, just double check.
Is it possible to see the yellow front springs without putting the car on a lift?

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Best to jack it up a bit. Hard to see because the tire is in the way.

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Maybe if you turn the wheels all the way one way to see the springs, if so you can’t miss the yellow spacers.

Sponsored

Csnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I found the spacers still in mine as well. drove 4 hrs home with them in.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I am having mine bronzed like a pair of baby shoes. Will hang them from the mirror at cars and coffee. Way more class than fuzzy dice. :rockon:

Motorin Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M1355
Picked up my car this past Sunday, and yes mine were also left in by the dealer. Got a copy of my PDI sheet and the Technician checked the box that said he removed them.......

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Maybe they didn’t want to launch the HP on day 1? They don’t ship gt350r’s or gt500 cftp cars with temporary wheel/tire setups. If they won’t do it for those, the Mach 1 is definitely not getting special treatment.
I hear you and that is fine. I'm thinking like a capitalist - biggest splash and sell the sh** out of it by offering the most exciting car in the configurations the customer wants. I know if I were the lead on the project for Ford I'd be asking a bunch of questions now and driving root cause and corrective action. Been a bit of a bumpy launch in a lot of areas. Prob going to wait for a 2022 at this point and wait for he snafus to be worked out of the system. Sad thing is I have the $65K in hand but between Ford and the wife's agreement (still working the latter and to be honest the bigger gate at this point) I'm holding for now.
Sponsored