GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to install these headers this week. Reused all the factory studs except 1 on passenger side. Fit and finish is actually pretty damn good. The ball-knuckle collector is super nice to work with:clap2:. I installed Stainless Power headers on this car before and remember having to fight them with tighter, primary tube-to-bolt-head clearances.
Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Been contemplating myself whether I wanted to buy headers or not. How long was the install time ? And if you had to do it again would you install it yourself or let a shop do it?

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Been contemplating myself whether I wanted to buy headers or not. How long was the install time ? And if you had to do it again would you install it yourself or let a shop do it?
Header install is not necessarily hard, just tedious. It took me around 6hrs total...4.5hrs of that was the passenger-side. Driver's side is cake. Granted, this is my 2nd set of headers so I have the proper tools and knowledge of when it's going to really suck during the install. This was all done on jack stands in my 2 car garage. This is also my hobby car so I work on everything myself.

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i had a buddys shop foreman do the install for me for 200 bucks so i couldnt beat that.
i got texas speed headers because i couldnt justify spending 1000+ on headers. i know i know "you get what you pay for" but for 700 theyre very well done headers, and the o/r ones come with "cats" which is great for visual inspections.
i also used the gaskets that came with the headers which is a hit or miss, hopefully i dont regret that, and arp header bolts that the guy didnt use on his mustang so he gave them to me.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ That's not a bad deal. In the past I've done all the header/exhaust stuff myself but if I could get that install price I would probably take it to as I don't have much time these days to wrench.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Header install is not necessarily hard, just tedious. It took me around 6hrs total...4.5hrs of that was the passenger-side. Driver's side is cake. Granted, this is my 2nd set of headers so I have the proper tools and knowledge of when it's going to really suck during the install. This was all done on jack stands in my 2 car garage. This is also my hobby car so I work on everything myself.
I heard about jacking the motor since the motor mounts need to be removed and I just the about when I had my eclipsed and some of removing those motor mounts was aPITA. That and having to jack up the motor is the only other thing that bothers me.
Sponsored