Long Island, NY

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
Sick!! Thanks guys. Now I'm stoked cuz I'll install the wheels as soon as I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I am also looking into getting a clear bra look forward to some suggestions
I'm going to use Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. Xpel self healing film for the hood, bumper, mirrors. About $900.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
I'm going to use Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. Xpel self healing film for the hood, bumper, mirrors. About $900.
Hah, I remember back in the day you could get a decent paint job for that much lol.

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Hah, I remember back in the day you could get a decent paint job for that much lol.
I'm thinking "decent" might be open for debate here.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I'm thinking "decent" might be open for debate here.
or how far back in the day it was.

I really want to clear bra my front bumper asap, and that place was on my list of places to look at but at nearly a grand.... damn. i do want the xpel self healing though.

was that quote on a new car prep or is there a cost for some other type of prep work in there?

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car is new. No other work besides the film on the bumper, hood, mirrors. Not a pre-cut kit but instead is custom cut to fit.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Car is new. No other work besides the film on the bumper, hood, mirrors. Not a pre-cut kit but instead is custom cut to fit.
That is a full hood? and is there any benefit to a custom fit instead of precut?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full hood was quoted.
The installer said the quality of the precut pieces along with placement on the car can leave uncovered areas around features in the bumper; as opposed to a custom fit where they cut the material tight to each feature and roll the material around the edges. Having never purchased pre-cut sheets I have no way of confirming what they said and am taking their word for it.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Hmm ill look into it. Im always a little weary of things cut on the car as my current car had stripes put on by the prior owner and there is a noticible line in the paint where the stripes were.

Sponsored

ArrestmeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Anyone know a reputable place that will powder coat brake calipers? Looking to get mine done to match the car.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

vder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Fox Body, 16 Mustang GT Vert, 22 Explorer ST
On Tuesday of this week stopped to get a quote on on protecting the full nose of the car along with the mirrors. Was quoted 1850 which includes the full preparation of the car. The installation will take a total of 2 days. This is a custom cut with all edges having the film bent around not a precut kit. Unsure if its alot or is tis the going rate for this amount of work.

vder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Fox Body, 16 Mustang GT Vert, 22 Explorer ST
Anyone going to Captured this coming Sunday?

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
On Tuesday of this week stopped to get a quote on on protecting the full nose of the car along with the mirrors. Was quoted 1850 which includes the full preparation of the car. The installation will take a total of 2 days. This is a custom cut with all edges having the film bent around not a precut kit. Unsure if its alot or is tis the going rate for this amount of work.
to be honest i havent been quoted anything but what does full nose entail? im assuming front bumper, hood, mirrors, front quarters? that price does seem a little high but it may be just shell shock to me. to see how in line they are you can go tot he xpel website and they have the cost of each piece. I know they arent using precut but itll help you ball park. Also taxes.

Does your car also need other special prep?

Have you guys got a lot of dings on the mirrors? I would be more inclined to have a strip where people tend to rest things near the trunk then the mirrors.
Sponsored