Locking arm rest

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Happened to sit in my car and lock it with the car off and found out that the arm rest locks too and you can't open it unless you unlock the car. Thought I'd share
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, I think these cars come with the convertible's 'security package' as standard, which includes that, along with wheel locks, and something extra with the alarm, but not sure what it is. It's a $395 option on GTs, if I'm not mistaken.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Yeah, I think these cars come with the convertible's 'security package' as standard, which includes that, along with wheel locks, and something extra with the alarm, but not sure what it is. It's a $395 option on GTs, if I'm not mistaken.
Also includes the motion sensors in the car. Enhanced Security Package (Corrected). When you turn off the ignition the display gives you the option of arming "all sensors" or not. I haven't played with it, but I assume it refers to the motions sensors on or off.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Safe and Smart package is a different option, worth $1,000 (adaptive cruise, rain sensing wipers, lane keeping alert, etc). And yes, the alarm option is interior sensors (that's why it's standard on convertibles). My truck has it, and it gives you the option to disarm the sensors after you shut off the engine indeed. In case you leave a pet inside, etc.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
enhanced security package is what the package is called on the gt's i belive

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Safe and Smart package is a different option, worth $1,000 (adaptive cruise, rain sensing wipers, lane keeping alert, etc). And yes, the alarm option is interior sensors (that's why it's standard on convertibles). My truck has it, and it gives you the option to disarm the sensors after you shut off the engine indeed. In case you leave a pet inside, etc.
Correct. "Enhanced Security Package"
Sponsored