Sponsored

Livernois Tune E85

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
As far as I was told, they couldn't do an email tune for anything past the mods I mentioned above. I remember asking Anthony about the GT350 intake and it wasn't supported through email tuning as of 2 months ago and it didn't sound like it would be. I'm positive Livernois would be able to tune for it in person, that's a given.

@Livernois Motorsports can you clear this up? Do you guys support more than full exhaust, intake, and thermostat mods through EMAIL tuning?

I'd guess 3/4 of the FI cars on this site are remote tuned. With datalogging the tuner can see the same parameters they would if they were standing right next to the car.
True. But LMS has said numerous times that they don't tune via datalogging. At least that as true for the EB.
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I stand by my statement where I specifically said EMAIL tuning. It is simply not an option past the mods I mentioned above.

Your tune is great and I absolutely LOVE how the car runs, but what I stated is fact. If I want to add a GT350 intake manifold or a supercharger, my car MUST be in your hands to get it tuned. Shipping the car or driving to your shop isn't really a feasible option for 95% or people. I can only imagine what shipping costs would be...
We appreciate the compliment about our remote tuning capabilities! Thank you.

I think there has been some confusion that has been passed along to you. We can REMOTELY tune for the addition of the GT350 intake, FF if you add a power adder build that replicates a build that we have done here. There are hundreds of cars and trucks that we have never laid eyes on that are heavily modified and/or have an aftermarket SC/turbo installed on them. The rolodex of things that we can remotely tune for will grow with the number of cars that we add hardcore parts onto.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
We appreciate the compliment about our remote tuning capabilities! Thank you.

I think there has been some confusion that has been passed along to you. We can REMOTELY tune for the addition of the GT350 intake, FF if you add a power adder build that replicates a build that we have done here. There are hundreds of cars and trucks that we have never laid eyes on that are heavily modified and/or have an aftermarket SC/turbo installed on them. The rolodex of things that we can remotely tune for will grow with the number of cars that we add hardcore parts onto.
Oh man now I'm even more confused! Lol

How does Livernois REMOTELY tune? Can I install a gt350 intake manifold and have you guys shoot me over a tune?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Jeff - I know other vendors that do remote tuning where your car is on an actual dyno of their choice and they are doing a dyno tune just as if they were with your car but they are 6 states away :).

They run the car on the dyno, get the info they need, make tune changes, run it on the dyno again, make tuning changes. Process repeats until they are done.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Oh man now I'm even more confused! Lol

How does Livernois REMOTELY tune? Can I install a gt350 intake manifold and have you guys shoot me over a tune?
Jeff - I know other vendors that do remote tuning where your car is on an actual dyno of their choice and they are doing a dyno tune just as if they were with your car but they are 6 states away :).

They run the car on the dyno, get the info they need, make tune changes, run it on the dyno again, make tuning changes. Process repeats until they are done.
I could be remembering incorrectly, but seems to me I had a similar conversation with Livernois a long while back about what they mean by Remote tune.

Seems to me it was just their way of saying an email tune. My understanding was, if they have locally tuned a build the same as you have, they will send you the tune for that build, but I do not think there is any additional tune refinement beyond what they initially send you.

I could be mistaken, but that is my understanding.

Sponsored

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Exactly

I stand by my statement where I specifically said EMAIL tuning. It is simply not an option past the mods I mentioned above.

Your tune is great and I absolutely LOVE how the car runs, but what I stated is fact. If I want to add a GT350 intake manifold or a supercharger, my car MUST be in your hands to get it tuned. Shipping the car or driving to your shop isn't really a feasible option for 95% or people. I can only imagine what shipping costs would be...
Your in the wrong game if you somehow have convinced yourself email tunes are the way to go if your wanting true 100% performance out of the tune. If you don't, won't or can't afford to go somewhere and get a dyno tune ect you maybe need to rethink about modding.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

That's what I understand a remote tune to be, but I wasn't aware that Livernois even had that capability. Their tuning device doesn't allow for datalogging so that's why I'm confused.

Your in the wrong game if you somehow have convinced yourself email tunes are the way to go if your wanting true 100% performance out of the tune. If you don't, won't or can't afford to go somewhere and get a dyno tune ect you maybe need to rethink about modding.
Lol thanks for the info. If there was a local tuner as good as some of the guys on this site that send email tunes id go get on the dyno. I'd say most modded mustangs these days are running email tunes with great success. Let us know how your dyno tune turns out!

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
No. The email tuners we have access to are tuning some of the fastest coyotes out there.

Other than completing the process more quickly, what can a guy with a dyno accomplish that an email tuner cannot?

Data logs with actual real world loads (pulls on the street) beat pulls on a dyno any day.

No doubt there are local tuners who are great, but I will put my money on the guys who have literally tuned 1000's coyotes vs. a local guy.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
No. The email tuners we have access to are tuning some of the fastest coyotes out there.

Other than completing the process more quickly, what can a guy with a dyno accomplish that an email tuner cannot?

Data logs with actual real world loads (pulls on the street) beat pulls on a dyno any day.

No doubt there are local tuners who are great, but I will put my money on the guys who have literally tuned 1000's coyotes vs. a local guy.
bingo. send in logs tuner makes adjustments. since the my calibrator unit is not capable of that im not quite sure why you would want that

Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Agreed. I'd put my money on the big name Coyote email tuners vs a "local dyno tune" any day of the week.
I knew I remembered the conversation. Livernois' use of 'remote' tuning is a bit of a misnomer.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=389276&postcount=39
That doesn't really explain much to me. Sounded like a response a politician would give. Lol

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Agreed. I'd put my money on the big name Coyote email tuners vs a "local dyno tune" any day of the week.

That doesn't really explain much to me. Sounded like a response a politician would give. Lol
Basically, they do not 'remote' - they cannot tune your car while it is on a dyno somewhere else.

They send you an email tune and that is what you get.

They can email tunes for any mod combinations they have tuned for in-house; which goes beyond the basic intake/headers/exhaut combo.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Remote tuning means thy are doing the tune remotely from their shop and sending it to you via an email to be loaded. It's that or bring the car into the shop. If you tell livernois that you have a car with mods x,y,z and they have previously tuned the same setup as you they will send you that file and make adjustments according to your feedback. Really quite simple.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Can I install a gt350 intake manifold and have you guys shoot me over a tune?
I am not certain why some people have a certain view as to what we can, and cannot do. n the past we have mentioned that we can indeed tune for a mod like the GT350 intake manifold. All that you have to do is shoot us over a tune request form. Just like with any other tune update we do all of the heavy lifting on our end. We had been doing testing for the GT350 manifold in particular for months before anyone brought it up on the forums. The same is said with many other modifications, that we do support them. Now, not every modification under the sun is supported, but quite a lot are.

This is why it is important to ask us these questions directly. There are several things that we can do without having your car. I understand that our philosophical differences on how to do proper tuning isn't for everyone but this does not mean we are limited, but we are actually far more capable than what is being alluded to.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I am not certain why some people have a certain view as to what we can, and cannot do. n the past we have mentioned that we can indeed tune for a mod like the GT350 intake manifold. All that you have to do is shoot us over a tune request form. Just like with any other tune update we do all of the heavy lifting on our end. We had been doing testing for the GT350 manifold in particular for months before anyone brought it up on the forums. The same is said with many other modifications, that we do support them. Now, not every modification under the sun is supported, but quite a lot are.

This is why it is important to ask us these questions directly. There are several things that we can do without having your car. I understand that our philosophical differences on how to do proper tuning isn't for everyone but this does not mean we are limited, but we are actually far more capable than what is being alluded to.
That's great to hear that you can send email tunes for more mods than I thought, I was obviously ill informed somewhere along the lines. Sorry for the confusion! Like I've said, I'm loving my Livernois tune! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone not being happy with Livernois...

Do you require 47 lb injectors for the gt350 manifold with flex tune? Do you guys recommend the stock or gt350 TB?
Sponsored