Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Do you know if this is for sure or just a rumor at this point? I have a 2020 GT350 (no VIN) on order but maybe this means I'm out....
The delay at FRAP may be much longer than I thought.
A document was leaked last week and only the GT500 5.2L was on it, along with two variations of the 5.0 (GT and Mach 1 most likely)

See if Ford has accepted your order. You can also chat with Ford Performance and give them your Order and Sales Code which should be listed on that temporary build sheet you signed for the dealer.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/ You can use that live chat during the hours listed.

Just because you don't have a VIN yet, doesn't necessarily mean you won't get a car. My understanding is that they could be building these till October to fulfill all the orders. Hopefully we can contain this COVID-19 soon and everyone can get the car that they ordered.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Do you know if this is for sure or just a rumor at this point? I have a 2020 GT350 (no VIN) on order but maybe this means I'm out....
If I was a betting man which I am in many cases I will suggest that your GT350 HEP car will be built later this year.

:sunglasses:

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
A document was leaked last week and only the GT500 5.2L was on it, along with two variations of the 5.0 (GT and Mach 1 most likely)

See if Ford has accepted your order. You can also chat with Ford Performance and give them your Order and Sales Code which should be listed on that temporary build sheet you signed for the dealer.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/ You can use that live chat during the hours listed.

Just because you don't have a VIN yet, doesn't necessarily mean you won't get a car. My understanding is that they could be building these till October to fulfill all the orders. Hopefully we can contain this COVID-19 soon and everyone can get the car that they ordered.
Thanks for all the info. I will make some enquiries going forward. I received an email from my sales rep a few weeks ago stating that there would be a delay in production. I was late to the party to order one, so it's unknown at this point just exactly how this will all unfold. But, as you mentioned, if Ford will be producing these late in the season, it's too early to know the final outcome. We're only entering early spring.
For now, we need to snuff this virus thing out of existence- it's just a matter of time.

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition LR002
Since there are not that many options anyway, I would see if you can find one already at a dealer at a fair price that you like to guarantee you’ll get one? None of us know what will happen with this virus and production? Me...I’m not a gambler!

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
Since there are not that many options anyway, I would see if you can find one already at a dealer at a fair price that you like to guarantee you’ll get one? None of us know what will happen with this virus and production? Me...I’m not a gambler!
It's perhaps too early to jump the gun just yet. It was hard enough to find one as it is, with much help from PP0001.
I'm sticking with him; he's way too connected to bet against!

Sponsored

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
I chatted with a gentleman at Ford Performance about an update on my shelby. He informed me that the unofficial date for the FRAP to start back up is the 20th of April unless the Gov changes their mind for them. So hopefully those of us with cars on order will get them still this summer. Mine is produced but awaiting shipment after the FRAP starts back up. Car was going to be delivered the 7th of May pretty sure that date will be pushed. Has a blend date of 3-16

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
I was scheduled for May 11th.... my dealer is telling me August.... but who knows

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Exactly- I think I have to go to the source and reach out to ford performance them selves- so far other than giving me a May 11th date before this all went down) they been spot on-

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Exactly- I think I have to go to the source and reach out to ford performance them selves- so far other than giving me a May 11th date before this all went down) they been spot on-
I'd take that with a grain of salt. Them reopening the factory is 100% dependent on the state of the pandemic, which no one can really predict.

Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Also true- honestly we just have to wait... that’s all we can do- for those in fear of your car not being built, I honestly think that you will have your car built- it’s a win for you, and it’s a win for them to get paid- just my opinion

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Just an FYI - I talked to someone at Ford Performance today. I asked him when I should expect to receive the kit and is it different from the one I received for my 2015. He said I should receive it in 6-8 weeks and the certificate looks different.

Has anyone received one from a 2020 in general, not just an HEP?

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition LR002
Also true- honestly we just have to wait... that’s all we can do- for those in fear of your car not being built, I honestly think that you will have your car built- it’s a win for you, and it’s a win for them to get paid- just my opinion
Not necessarily, look what happen to the Corvette, some of their 2020 orders are not being built to my understanding. If Ford gets delayed due to the virus and making virus equipment for the government, they will need to switch the lines over for 2021 at some point, a few GT350s/Rs won’t delay 2021 IMO. I’m sure they might cancel and would consider alternate plans. Just me, I’d prepare for plan B just in case?

Hawaii-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2011 Raptor, 1989 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
My R HE was originally scheduled for April 20th, it is currently scheduled for production the week of June 8th.