Sponsored

Licence plate bracket

Mat8754

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey Everyone,

Getting everything ready to take delivery of my car hopefully next week. I am looking at no drill solution for the front bracket and through some searching here found that the best two options are Craigs and STO n SHO. I am leaning towards Craigs, however, I wanted to know if anyone has used this bracket and mounted it off center? I reached out to Craig and he says that it was designed to be mounted in the center but he has seen it successfully placed offset. Any issue with mounting it off center?
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I see you are in NY and if you happen to live on Long Island I'd suggest going plate-less on the front. 1 1/2 years of ownership here and so far so good with no front plate.

Now that I said it I'm sure next week I'll get a ticket :doh:

wltrmtty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
We use front plates here in Wisconsin. I've run my Toyota for 5 years with no front plate with no problems. I intend to do the same with my GT350.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
OP
OP

Mat8754

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm going to be in the Westchester/Rockland area and while I would love no front plate I think I would rather not risk it knowing my luck. Spartanator do you know if that bracket can be mounted off center?

Sponsored

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
I'm going to be in the Westchester/Rockland area and while I would love no front plate I think I would rather not risk it knowing my luck. Spartanator do you know if that bracket can be mounted off center?
To be honest I am not sure if it can.... I am unfamiliar with the 350 front bumper but it looks like you could get it off to the side a bit. Maybe pop an email them and see what they say?

20151122_133222_resized-1024x576.jpg

17SHLB350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I thought about offset but didn't like the offset look with the stripes. If you do get the Craigs, recommend getting some Loctite. I used blue. Noticed the screw coming lose after a drive.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I have the Craigs bracket, I suggest that you mount it on center. If it is mounted to the side there is a better chance of the plate edge hitting the bumper paint. I was planning to mount a curb sensor offset from center to protect the front spoiler, but I could find a good spot off center that would work well. The plate won out being mounted on center and I never mounted the curb sensor. That being said, I have my front plate on the car about 1% of the time.
Sponsored