Let the flaming begin.....yet another rumor

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Like I said I don't read somewhat off topic post. If I want to discuss science I find articles that have facts and not somebody's opinion. It just turns into pissing contest otherwise. There is a lot of new products coming out with either the GT500 /GT350. Nothing personal ok ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Quoted for truth.

Very well said - I do agree with avoiding waste and not littering. I love the beauty of this earth. I don't think that mankind's brief efforts on the globe will destroy the earth, but we should do what we can to preserve the beauty of nature.

I think sometimes people confuse weather with climate. Climate is a long term trend. Weather is "we had a warm summer". Not the same.

I don't pretend to know, but the evidence that I'm aware of points toward the sun as a causal factor for many of the variations in earth's climate. Not a popular theory, I get that. It's also something that people aren't going to make lots of money from or be able to gain political clout if it becomes the accepted theory.

Anyhoo - I wanted to apologize for my part in the off-topicness, but I still have enjoyed the discussion. The main reason I have this on my mind is due to discussions of the demise of the V8 and how everything has to be FI and small displacement to meet the latest EPA standards. I am amazed by how great the automotive industry's people are. Modern cars are really incredible to me. It is a shame IMO that so much work and expense has to go toward saving a few gallons of gas. I'm all for saving, but not at this high of a cost.

I also have no problem with electric cars, but they should not be subsidized IMO. I don't think they really "save the earth" if you go through all the math of what it takes to build and run them. I object to the crony capitalism where the government puts huge regulations on one group of companies and gives tons of our tax payments to another group of companies. Same applies to solar. I think the government needs to stay out.
Agree with all this. Well said.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
What were we talking about again?

GTgamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millennium Buzard
I think they were trying to determine if mammary protuberances were effected by the change in the atmosphere..

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Sorry sir but when 97% of the scientific community says the opposite I think you might struggle to justify this statement, but everyone has a right to an opinion. Having said this I will say that whereas I do believe that we as a society are causing climate change I admit I do very small things to help the situation (in many ways I do the opposite), I guess it all seems a bit hopeless and pointless so why not enjoy life while I can?

Not sure which way is worse?

I recommend watching the new documentary/film that Leonardo Di Caprio did with NatGeo, it was released by them for fee on Youtube and its called 'Before the flood'.
That 97% bullshit has be debunked years ago, and CO2 makes the forests green. The amount of misinformation splattered about by the "greens" is monumental. The climate has been changing on Earth since Day 1 and will continue to change, no matter what we do. The funny thing that they admit is that doing everything they want us to do (limit freedom and stop emissions of a trace gas CO2, etc.) will have all but ZERO EFFECT on climate change. So, why do it? It is all about the money, the billions that AL Gore and the rest have made and will make with this scam. Leo and his private jet can go shove it!

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Now back on topic: I hope Ford continues to build GT350s forever. I look forward to Bullitt Mustangs, GT500s and Mach1s too, I wish they'd but a Coyote in the Taurus too. I'd buy one today for my DD if they had it.
Looking forward to see what goodies they have in store for us next!

Can we please get on with making these awesome cars before the UN and EPA make them all illegal.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Well since we are way off track I'll give you my opinion as I'm kinda in the middle. While I don't doubt we make a footprint on Mother Earth, I don't believe it's as big as some make it out to be. I once read one volcanic eruption produces as much green house gas as humans ever have. Wish I could remember where but it was a mainstream source. We've only been driving cars a little over 100 years. Same with "big industry".... I believe the earth is on a natural cycle. For instance the drought we are having out west has been going on since before humans kept record. Did anyone that went to the Track Attack visit the great salt lake? Did you look at the mountain ranges around it to see the past levels? This is just one example. In my opinion if you really look at the big picture we are merely pimples on the earths ass, a little uncomfortable and ugly, but very unimportant.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
FWIW, allfordregistery.com has 15-18 GT350 as an option when registering your car. Just thought it interesting.
Sponsored