Sponsored

Leaking Moroso Coolant Tank

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I bought a Moroso aluminum coolant tank from Lethal Performance a few years ago, but this tank only has about 3,000 miles on it. My 2015 GT is a garage queen and gets low miles put on it.

I checked the coolant level a few days ago and it was down 4~5 oz, so I started inspecting around and found that the weld on the hose fitting on the bottom of the tank is weeping coolant when the tank is under pressure. You can see the spot in the photo (taken after a short drive) where the leak is located. I verified it is not coming from the pressure cap vent hole, it's completely dry.

Will Lethal Performance warranty this, or get in contact for me with Moroso to see if they will cover this manufacturing defect?

20190503_214822.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt a reseller like Lethal would warranty this. I would think this would most likely be handled by Morosso. But I could be wrong.
I wanted to check with Lethal Performance first. If I didn't check my coolant level and start snooping around the tank I'd probably never find this small leak because it's totally hidden out of sight and very difficult to see.

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance, what's your take on this problem? Is this something you can help me with?

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Lethal Performance, what's your take on this problem? Is this something you can help me with?
I got Moroso looking at the photos as we speak to see if anything can be done. If you can send me a PM with all of your information so I can pull up your old order as well that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored