Koons Ford experiences?

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Every dealership has their share of good and bad experiences.

My advise - Don't deal with the salesmen that sit at the desks that look empty, no personal effects... etc. These are the sharks. They are typically new, won't last long and will gouge you to better their profit margin.

The ones that have their own offices, look like they have been there for a while are in most cases (not all) will be more willing to work with you.

Every salesman has to meet a specific quota for the month. They get a draw check, which means they get x-amount of money per paycheck. That money then is paid back with their profit at the end of the month and if they don't make a profit. They don't last long.

Regarding Koons Falls Church - Jeff Ottenburg is the only person I would deal with. I have known Jeff for 20 years and I buy all of my cars from him. I have family that works here.
Sponsored

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I just started a thread about my Koons experience, and then I noticed this thread, so I'll repost here.

This week I've talked with salesmen at Koons Baltimore and Koons Sterling. It's been frustrating and I'm wondering if my experience is typical at Koons, or if I just have bad luck.

I started at Baltimore with a guy recommended in another thread. I talked with him on Monday morning. He was helpful, he answered a few questions, and then was going to check availability of a car and get back to me. I felt confident this would go well. But I did not hear from him Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning, so I called and left a voicemail Tuesday afternoon. I never heard back on Tuesday or Wednesday.

By midday Thursday I gave up on him. I got another name recommended in another thread (this guy is in the Sterling dealership) and called him. Again he was great, and said he'd e-mail a price to me ASAP. I told him I was ready to buy but needed the price to decide between two cars Koons had, and I'd make a decision and let him know Friday. About five hours later I had not received anything so I called and left a message and repeated the e-mail address in case there was a mixup earlier. I still have not heard back. No e-mail, no phone call, nothing.

Anyway, is this typical at Koons (maybe they overwork their salespeople) or am I having bad luck. Any thoughts?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I just started a thread about my Koons experience, and then I noticed this thread, so I'll repost here.

This week I've talked with salesmen at Koons Baltimore and Koons Sterling. It's been frustrating and I'm wondering if my experience is typical at Koons, or if I just have bad luck.

I started at Baltimore with a guy recommended in another thread. I talked with him on Monday morning. He was helpful, he answered a few questions, and then was going to check availability of a car and get back to me. I felt confident this would go well. But I did not hear from him Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning, so I called and left a voicemail Tuesday afternoon. I never heard back on Tuesday or Wednesday.

By midday Thursday I gave up on him. I got another name recommended in another thread (this guy is in the Sterling dealership) and called him. Again he was great, and said he'd e-mail a price to me ASAP. I told him I was ready to buy but needed the price to decide between two cars Koons had, and I'd make a decision and let him know Friday. About five hours later I had not received anything so I called and left a message and repeated the e-mail address in case there was a mixup earlier. I still have not heard back. No e-mail, no phone call, nothing.

Anyway, is this typical at Koons (maybe they overwork their salespeople) or am I having bad luck. Any thoughts?
I would definitely say this is NOT typical of Koons. At the same time, it has been my experience. However, in my case, I was just looking for pricing (so similar to what you were waiting for).

I spoke with 3 koons dealers....alex, julio and mike. Mike was a great guy, had no issues talking to him. Alex had no time and Julio inflated several of the prices and then wouldn't return the email when I called him on it.

Although you and I haven't had the best experience, I'll say it again...from what I've read on this board, it is not typical of Koons. From what most others have said they are straight shooters and don't jerk the customer around.

-Emt1581

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
For me personally I have to look a salesperson in the eye when dealing with something as expensive as a car. I'd only use the phone for availability and to set up an appointment to meet, get the price in person. As far as the salesman I recommended in Sterling, it would be well worth the time and effort to meet him in person as he's been excellent to work with. If you're some distance away it wouldn't be the first time he's been accommodating. Last time I spoke to him he was waiting for a person to arrive from Texas, literally standing at the door looking for the person to roll into the parking lot.

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I called Jason Robles in Sterling as several recommended, and he's been great. I spoke with him for a while Friday evening and he identified a couple cars for me and we also talked about ordering options. Today he sent me some more info on the cars we discussed last night, and he also identified another car due for delivery soon that I might be interested in.

It's been a great experience. I'm mulling it over this weekend and will order/buy on Monday.

I heartily recommend Jason.

6Gen_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
16 Guard GT Premium w/PP
I bought an Explorer from Falls Church and my Stang from Baltimore. The Fall Church experience was bad but I got the vehicle for the price I wanted. Vehicle prep and delivery was bad and they took forever. At Baltimore the salesman was awesome but they never sent my license plate to me. So I went on the DMV website and saw the stang registered and I ordered a plate to fix it. Never saw my plate from Koons. Overall not impressed with either.
Sponsored