Sponsored

Kooks Headers Drivers Rear bolt

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I now see why everyone says long tube installs suck. The passenger side front bolt took a while but I was able to push through. I am stuck on the drivers side rear bolt. I can't can't any wrench on the stage 8 bolt, I've tried feeding an Allen wrench through the runners but I can't get it either. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as this is what's holding me up from putting the motor mount and mid pipes on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
racingmason

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Ended up taking the headers off and tightening the bolt down to the maximum so I could barely get the header on. Then I was able to get a stubby wrench on it. Everyone was right about the sound making the 12 hours of suffering worth it. With the quad tip borla and x pipe the car screams under wot. Surprisingly it is quieter at idle and under load bujt once you bit 2500 rpm wide open it is god like.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Glad to hear you got it man, the forums made is sound so horrible that after a few weeks asking around trying to secure a lift so I could do it myself I ended up dropping a few hundred bucks for a local shop to slap it on. Best money I've spent in a while. I enjoy working on cars, but man, that just sounds frustrating.
Sponsored