Knock Passenger Side Valve Cover

david.shewmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was driving car randomly shut of decelerating to 10 mph, would not restart. Jumped car and it started making the noise that is in the video. Also wanted to mention the battery ended up being bad, have since replaced. Knocking is coming from the front of the valve cover on the passenger side. Also did an oil change and cut the filter and did not find anything. Have got many different codes referring to camshaft position sensor etc checked it it is good but that code has since gone away and has been replaced with an over retarded camshaft code.
Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I'd stop running that engine ASAP and take it to the dealer. That sound doesn't sound great...

OP
OP

david.shewmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Update have checked all sensors, next I am going to pull the balance cover to see what I can find. Any help would be appreciated.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That sounds REALLY bad man. I wouldn't use the car like that, especially if under warranty. It could construe negligence. Or is your engine modified, tuned, or both? I thought it could be the mechanical HP fuel pump, but if it's in the front, it might be something else. Is oil level correct?

OP
OP

david.shewmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ya It hasn’t been driven at all only reason I started it was just to get the video. Also Oil level is correct first thing I did was drain the oil and cut the filter, oil was clean and has since been topped back off.
Sponsored