Sponsored

Kill Switch?

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Not to be a buzzkill, but can't a thief just get around your wiring simply by pulling your jumper fuse at position 34 and replacing it with a normal 30A fuse? Seems like it would have been easier just to replace that fuse with a blown fuse whenever you have to park in an area where you're worried the car might get stolen. Just a thought.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Not to be a buzzkill, but can't a thief just get around your wiring simply by pulling your jumper fuse at position 34 and replacing it with a normal 30A fuse? Seems like it would have been easier just to replace that fuse with a blown fuse whenever you have to park in an area where you're worried the car might get stolen. Just a thought.
You are absolutely correct. If they happen to have the time and forethought to carry a fuse and go that route. Absolutely. If they are carrying fuses with them, I think they would go ahead and check fuses for the blown fuse trick. Really, it is to slow them way down. The car is not parked in a high risk area most of the time. Only when out and about on the town and in that case, I think they will be going for a quick ODB II job. Not willing to spend the time looking for fuses. I can open the trunk, flip the switch and be done. Looks like I'm putting something in the trunk.

It's a pain in the butt for me to get over there on the ground and pull a fuse, replace, etc.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
I was commenting on the "hate running power through switches" part.

The same amount of current flows in either part of the circuit, the ground or the power side. So you should use a switch, fuse, and wiring gage appropriate for the current load, regardless if its the ground or power side of the circuit. Many people think the ground side is where the switch should go, and its not wrong, but it really actually doesn't matter.

I think your setup is fine. It was more an electrical theory comment.
Sponsored