Kenne Bell 2.8LC

lodans

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
My Kenne Bell 2.8 liquid cooled SC will be here on Tuesday. I looked long and hard at all the choices but kept coming back to the Kenne Bell. Can't wait to start the install, doing it in my garage with some friends. Not too worried about the install as I used to work on helicopters in the Marines. For anyone who has done the install are there any tips or tricks.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Awesome! What made you keep coming back to the KB? Just curious.
Congrats and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
lodans

lodans

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! What made you keep coming back to the KB? Just curious.
Congrats and keep us posted. :thumbsup:
Quality, liquid cooling, and the right amount of power without a custom tune. You call Kenne Bell and order it direct no middle man to mess with margin. Also seeing who is installing them and running them on their cars was a big factor like boost works and Kinetik motor sports.

Sponsored

CC Quik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Congratz Also. I Have One Of The First S550 That Kenne Bell Installed The 2.8LC on. It Was One Of Two Test Mules (mine is the blue auto the other is a orange 6sp) To Be 50 State Legal. His Facebook Page Has The Video And Dyno Results. Currently Running 9psi At 720hp On Pump Gas. At Maximum Boost 16psi, It put Out 881hp With a Pulley, A Tune On E85. Stock Fuel Rails And No Boost-a-Pump. The Car Has Gone Thru extensive Testing And Shakedowns At Spring Mountain Motorsport Ranch In Pahrump Nevada. You'll Be Very Happy With Your Choice.

OP
OP
lodans

lodans

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the family! Did you order direct? Would have loved to earn some business in our backyard. :) If you have any questions, let us know!
Yes I did order it direct. Did not think you would make anything off of it. If I would have known I would have ordered it through you. I am sure I will come down there when its time to do more.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes I did order it direct. Did not think you would make anything off of it. If I would have known I would have ordered it through you. I am sure I will come down there when its time to do more.
Oh.. it's all good man. :)

Let me know if you have any questions during your install. We're always more than happy to help.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Any updates man? If you need help I'll try and answer whatever questions you have. I currently love my 3.2!

Sponsored

Tonyrhmartino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 KB GT
So with my auto i have an issue on launch. Launches then throttle shuts down and then goes WOT again. AdTrac is off and the condition goes away when shifted manually in sport mode. Trouble shooting with KB tuner and am reaching out to others with KB 2.8LC experience for help. PM me or email for the video [email protected]

Tonyrhmartino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 KB GT
Fuse pulled and traction lights are on. Track apps do not function as well with the fuse out. But will test on the test strip. Will be for track use only so I don't need track apps. I just want control of my car.

Tonyrhmartino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 KB GT
Ok I have found the problem and it is me thinking electronic throttle should feel like a throttle cable car like my 99 GT. I try to moderate throttle with my foot but the car wants all or nothing input. When I just hammered it I got WOT and all the tire spin that the mickeys could want. So in the end I must learn how to drive my car before I go thinking it's the car lol. User error

CC Quik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Wow, And I Thought I Was The Only One. Mine Does The Exact Same Thing. Slight Delay And Then She Goes Full On Boil. And Like You, Have To Modulate The Throttle. There Is Program Update In The Works To Smooth This Out And make The Acceleration More Linear. Re Tune Will Be Done Here In Vegas By Shelby Performance.
Sponsored