Sponsored

Just picked up some Collinite 845!!!

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
So I found a local place that is a dealer for this and decided to give it a try since several of you guys on here speak highly of it and....its not $127 for a tin of the stuff! ;)

Anyways, this was a Mercedes Benz Service Center and the person at the desk told me to squeeze out what I need and microwave it just a few seconds and then mix it around and should be good to go.

Any of you guys microwave this stuff? :shrug: It does look kind of congealed.
Sponsored

Intrepid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2017 GT PP Prem
I have a small squeeze bottle I use for application, I set it hot water for awhile then shake well after its warm and your all set. When Collinite 845 is cold its like pasty goop.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Remember that less is more! You just need a very thin coating of this stuff.

OP
OP
Tele5.0

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Awesome. Thanks guys. Yeah I will be very conservative until I figure out just the right amount. Can't wait to use the stuff. I plan on claying the car then applying the 845!

Quick bit of info, I washed and applied some Meguiars liquid carnuba stuff I had. It did remove all of the imperfections that were visible. Car looks good and feels smooth. Will this cause me any problems with the Collinite? Any special prep work I need to do or that y'all recommend?

Last edited:

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
Need a workout? Use a good amount of 845 and let it cure for two hours. Your arms will be useless for the rest of the day.

845 is still my go-to utilitarian wax. You can use it on anything, and it won't discolor trim. It beads like crazy and lasts for months. Best wax for the money, IMO. If you still have wax on your car, wash it with dish soap (though don't do it often) before applying the wax. If you're using a claybar or polishing, that'll take it off too.

Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I picked some up too, will be using it soon. I got crazy swirl marks so I'm picking up some Meguiar's #9 and will work on her when I have a day off.

OP
OP
Tele5.0

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
I picked some up too, will be using it soon. I got crazy swirl marks so I'm picking up some Meguiar's #9 and will work on her when I have a day off.

Awesome! Post your results if you can Varekai! My wifes car is black and I am interested to see how the stuff works on it as well. :cheers:

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Absolutely will do. I'm hoping to do it Friday as well as installing my H pipe and first oil change. It's going to be a car day.

OP
OP
Tele5.0

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Absolutely will do. I'm hoping to do it Friday as well as installing my H pipe and first oil change. It's going to be a car day.
NICE!!! :cheers:

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
So I found a local place that is a dealer for this and decided to give it a try since several of you guys on here speak highly of it and....its not $127 for a tin of the stuff! ;)

Anyways, this was a Mercedes Benz Service Center and the person at the desk told me to squeeze out what I need and microwave it just a few seconds and then mix it around and should be good to go.

Any of you guys microwave this stuff? :shrug: It does look kind of congealed.
Microwaving that stuff who knows what it might do to it. You might make it less durable. Just do what I do. Put in a bucket and fill it with hot water. After about 10 minutes just shake it, it should be like liquid.

Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I do the hot water bath, or I leave it in a car that's sitting out in the sun for a while before I start.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Put it in some hot water for 5 minutes, ready to go. Be careful the lid sucks. I got this wax when everyone on the BMW forums suggested it, then when researching corvettes I saw the guy's on their forum bragging about how well it worked. It can be hard to remove if you leave it on too long or on hot paint. Keep it off plastic trim also. I tape mine off just to be safe.
IMO nothing touches it even if you spend triple the price. I'm about to try 22ple sealant, them I'm gonna top it with collinite just to see how it looks.(when my car arrives in 6 weeks lol)

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Double post

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
I remember using collinite when I was 18 working at a car dealer. Dam I hated taking that stuff off...