Sponsored

Just got some new toys from Diode Dynamics!

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just ordered the same exact items for my 2016. Were they hard to install? I've read some posts where other members have blown fuses or fried their glove box connector during install:eyebulge: Thanks for the pics looks like a great investment :cheers:
Install Is pretty straight forward, just be careful with the trunk light housing... I kind of broke It. nothing some Industrial glue couldn't fix since I'll never have to replace the light again anyway. :shrug: Also you can unplug the housing from the trunk, and pop out the bulb safely/pop the new one In without worrying about blowing a fuse, thats what I did, I was just too rough when I took out the actual housing with a flat head.

Glove box was probably the most difficult just due to the position of It and everything, very frustrating, but mine works fine and I haven't seen any Issues with It other than a few times I opened the glove box and the light didn't turn on and I had to press on the light and It'd "CLICK." and turn on.. very weird, maybe [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] can verify why It does that for me.

Oh and for the glove compartment, I just took a very small screwdriver, used for RC helicopters/Glasses repair and popped that sucker out, very easy.
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I hope everything works. I bought the brightest reverse bulb and the switchbacks and neither worked. In fact, the switchbacks killed my passenger side tail light. Came back on when I put all the stock bulbs back in.
We are aware of the issues with the switchbacks and providing full refunds for anyone who is experiencing issues.

Your reverse lights are probably not installed with the correct polarity, you'll need to rotate the bulb 180* and reinstall it into the socket for it to function.

Every single bulb is tested by our production team prior to being shipped out, so it's highly unlikely you received a bad bulb

Feel free to give us a call if you are experiencing any issues: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Nice to see that they're labeling where the bulbs go now.

I mean it's not too difficult to figure out, but at the time when I got my kit it took me longer than it should have to figure out where each led goes, especially because some leds were marked differently.

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
Same here. The only one that I found very difficult was the one in the glove compartment. It was the first one I started with and I thought pulling back the bulb with my flat head would crack open the light bulb, so I was very cautious not to apply too much pressure. Took me like 20 minutes of watching the video a few times and being overly cautious until I finally got it out.

I did blow a fuse as well. Just have to be careful when it comes to the trunk light and make sure you touch only the bulb with the tool when pulling it out. I had to replace my fuse after missing this part in the video.

Do you have a link to the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Do you have a link to the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tried finding it in my YouTube history, but apparently I've watched so many and it's extremely far back. Haven't found it just yet but I'll keep looking. From what I remember though, I would just probably avoid anything metal (if you can) when pulling out the bulb in the trunk light. That should make it easy enough to not blow a fuse.

EDIT: Here it is: [ame]

It's the comment section that indicated to me what fuse to replace.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
If you have the diode dynamics tool, or just a VERY thin flathead screwdriver go at the trunk from the drivers side and you can literally just push against the clip holding it...It then comes right out. You need to to push only against the very small indention on the clip part.

ucLAKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic
Hey all...I was replacing the interior lights and was able to get the vanity and map lights working. However, I must've blown the fuse when trying to install the glove compartment bulb.

I have since replaced the fuse #1 (the one labeled demand lamps and mentioned by others in this thread) and the map lights are now working again. However, none of the vanity lights, trunk or glove compartment bulbs are working. Is there another fuse that needs to be changed? I called Diode Dynamics and he said it has to be another fuse. But looking through the Owner's Manual, there isn't another fuse I think it could possibly be...

Any help would be appreciated!

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hey all...I was replacing the interior lights and was able to get the vanity and map lights working. However, I must've blown the fuse when trying to install the glove compartment bulb.

I have since replaced the fuse #1 (the one labeled demand lamps and mentioned by others in this thread) and the map lights are now working again. However, none of the vanity lights, trunk or glove compartment bulbs are working. Is there another fuse that needs to be changed? I called Diode Dynamics and he said it has to be another fuse. But looking through the Owner's Manual, there isn't another fuse I think it could possibly be...

Any help would be appreciated!

May sound funny but I think these lights you're speaking of only come on if the headlights are on or if it's dark out? I dont know, just my theory which is probably wrong lol.

ucLAKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic
May sound funny but I think these lights you're speaking of only come on if the headlights are on or if it's dark out? I dont know, just my theory which is probably wrong lol.
just tried it and the only lights that work even in my enclosed garage with headlights on are the map lights. Still getting nothing from the vanity lights or trunk/glove box. Getting a bit frustrating lol...but the map lights look clean and awesome!!!

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Do you have to ala cart for the map, vanity, glove-box, trunk, lic plate or do they have a kit...Can't find one-->:shrug:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Any opinions on whether to go for the Stage 1 or Stage 2 bulbs for the interior conversion kit?

Are the Stage 1's a significant improvement on the stock bulbs?

Thanks!

OP
OP
NickGoBlue

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
Any opinions on whether to go for the Stage 1 or Stage 2 bulbs for the interior conversion kit?

Are the Stage 1's a significant improvement on the stock bulbs?

Thanks!
I went with the stage 2 and love them. But its personal preference.
Sponsored