Sponsored

JUNE 2016 SALES (Mustang vs. Camaro vs. Challenger) - Check First Post

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I don't believe anyone purchases a car based on it sales. There are too many variables at play. But we do know the following. Ford chose to build a car that killed it in sales making it choosing affordability as their main concern while Chevy chose performance. Most people will take affordability over performance. This whole thread is dumb because out of the 3 the challenger looks the best and is second in performance and look at their sales.
That is a ridiculous notion... the Mustang is the best seller because:

It is the cheapest option in the world at every level.

The Mustang has the most exciting styling and design.

The Mustang's interior and quality make it appear upmarket.

The Mustang has the best performance for the dollar. No matter how great the auto camaro is in the 1/4 mile, it severely LACKS everywhere else.

That is why the camaro isn't selling... the styling and performance BOTH isn't worth the MSRP.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't believe anyone purchases a car based on it sales. There are too many variables at play. But we do know the following. Ford chose to build a car that killed it in sales making it choosing affordability as their main concern while Chevy chose performance. Most people will take affordability over performance. This whole thread is dumb because out of the 3 the challenger looks the best and is second in performance and look at their sales.
I think all 3 look good. Looks are subjective. But come on man. What over all performance matrix do you have in your head where the challenger is the second best performer of the bunch? It doesn't handle. It doesn't brake. It's got the biggest most powerful motor. Yet it can't out run the Camaro. And the Mustang is a $400 tune away from killing it's straight line advantage. It's the best engine in the worst shell for a performance car. That's why it's the worst selling of the three. Dodge's quality reputation doesn't help either.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I have really come to enjoy lurking over on Camaro6 to watch the bloodbath...

Nvrsatisfied is a hoot, I think he's Qtrhorse here...same stupid as shit argument styles.
I think we should all use our same names on each sight. I would, but I was banned years ago. LOL:D I still use the same blue font so they know it's me when I use my wifes account.:thumbsup:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
That Raptor5244 person thinks his new 6G Camaro is of Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborghini pedigree it seems based on his comments of "LOW" production numbers, built better than everything else and outperforms the competition by a large margin.

I don't give a shit about sales numbers, never have, never will. I am a Ford lover at heart, always have, always will be. Ford nailed the design of the new S550 and it shows based on how much love this car has received ACROSS THE GLOBE.

Sponsored

5.0steve

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP ingot silver
I think all 3 look good. Looks are subjective. But come on man. What over all performance matrix do you have in your head where the challenger is the second best performer of the bunch? It doesn't handle. It doesn't brake. It's got the biggest most powerful motor. Yet it can't out run the Camaro. And the Mustang is a $400 tune away from killing it's straight line advantage. It's the best engine in the worst shell for a performance car. That's why it's the worst selling of the three. Dodge's quality reputation doesn't help either.
I'm talking about raw power as far as performance. And I agree they all look great. The challenger to me is the best looking one in my opinion. As for performance I'm talking straight line speed with the challenger having an extra 50hp and 75tq to make up the 200lb difference. The challenger being a boat and all actually doesn't handle as bad as you think it would. I don't like to assume a 400$ tune would make it even because all 3 cars are moddable. Goes back to my thought of why mustang is selling so well is because they were able to find a balance of affordability and performance which is what the consumer as the end of the day wants.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'm talking about raw power as far as performance. And I agree they all look great. The challenger to me is the best looking one in my opinion. As for performance I'm talking straight line speed with the challenger having an extra 50hp and 75tq to make up the 200lb difference. The challenger being a boat and all actually doesn't handle as bad as you think it would. I don't like to assume a 400$ tune would make it even because all 3 cars are moddable. Goes back to my thought of why mustang is selling so well is because they were able to find a balance of affordability and performance which is what the consumer as the end of the day wants.
The scat pack weighs 4232lbs. That is over 400lbs more than a fully loaded GTPP which is 3815lbs for reference.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
A fully loaded SP challenger is the 4,230lbs...I've scaled a "base" one at about 4,175ish

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
A fully loaded SP challenger is the 4,230lbs...I've scaled a "base" one at about 4,175ish
They sure are heavy but the scat packs/srts and hellcats sure look nice. Just a shame a scat pack/srt doesnt gain much from bolt on Na parts aside from opening up the heads for cams. That has to be a disappointment for those that wanted more power. At least thats what ive heard on their forums and a friend of mine that has a scat.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
They are a bitch to even get a tune for. But it's always been that way. Millions of bolt on parts for 5.0 winsor and 350 small blocks. Today we pretty much have the best aftermarket support on Earth.:D

Last edited:

Sponsored

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
I don't believe anyone purchases a car based on it sales.
Not entirely accurate.

I would argue in some cases, maybe many cases, that people will purchase something based on seeing others having it. You see this in phones, purses, shoes etc. Monkey see monkey do.

It seems to me the S550 is a pretty hot commodity right now. In the same breath the 6G camaro isn't. I've said this over and over and over again but it bears repeating... that because of the fact the 6G camaro looks so much like the outgoing generation it's a part of the reason it's killing it's sells...

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I know you camaro lovers here are going to cry but the camaro isn't that much better than the Mustang. On paper is one thing but in the real world it's completely different. And if the camaro is such a super car just look in the section of there from on all the problems their having, ha super car my arse, better car my ass

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
Motor Trend just compared the 3.2 and the comparable Camo and while they gave the nod to the 3.2, when you read the text you might wonder why. Seems the difference maker to them was the tires. They put most of the "blame" on the weight penalty that the 3.2 has.

I can understand the Camo group saying a collective WTF - if the Mustang is the yardstick, they seem longer in many ways, and, at least for now, they are having their lunch eaten for them.

Their excuses about GM's intentions and how much better it is to own a rarer car aside, and our retort about the balance of cost, performance and mod-ability, or style aside as well, the sales do show who has the correct formula just now.

I wish we knew how the sales break down competitively. It might be that the Camo has better performance at each step along the way when comparing the closest models. But, if at the price differential, Mustang owners are "buying up" the performance edge might not really exist ? It would be interesting.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
I know you camaro lovers here are going to cry but the camaro isn't that much better than the Mustang. On paper is one thing but in the real world it's completely different. And if the camaro is such a super car just look in the section of there from on all the problems their having, ha super car my arse, better car my ass
Have you driven a Camaro to make a valid comparison ? I'm not sticking up for the Camaro, but your statement sounds like pure fanboy-ism if you haven't driven both cars.
Sponsored