Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i would be all over a grand sport. no lie...dealers gonna rape on them too...like every cool car.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Ya. The widebody on the C7 GS is sex.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
This would at least make some sense, though we could argue it probably isn't working the way they'd hoped. If that is the case though I'm puzzled about one thing... if they're trying to go upscale and attract an older crowd why does the new Camaro look like it was designed by 10 year old boys? You'd think part of attracting an older crowd at a higher price point would be offering compelling and refined styling rather than a cartoonish facelift, though perhaps that's the greatest of their missteps and explains in large part the terrible sales numbers.
You are very wise, never thought of it from this perspective. so true!

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Again the rear end of GM cars are ugly, Grand Sport look awesome until you see the rear lights, its look like 5th gen Camaro rear lights, doesent flow with the rest of the car.

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I highly doubt there will shift a lot of Corvette GS. It's too expensive for just an appearance change comparing to a regular corvette. It would be nice to have 500hp NA at least to be comparable to the GT350s.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

SpookShow'84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"84 MCSS
I agree with that, but you can't tell me/us you believe your '84 Monte is better looking than a new Mustang. :cheers:

I've done a lot of work on cars and it definitely is fun and a source of pride to drive something that you built yourself. However, don't tell me you got away that cheaply. The nickels and dimes really add up. The final straw for me was when a car I had invested over $15k in (and many months of work) and just finished putting together got hit while parked on the side of the road. I had converted it to EFI, I replaced the engine with one I built, I built a transmission for it, I had aftermarket suspension in it. The thing worked great. The insurance company offered me $5k for it. I got the car back, but then I had to pull all my stuff out of it and find a new shell. That experience really burned me on daily driving a modified car. I can replace my new car if it gets hit. Insurance will actually cover the value of the car.

If that is more important than performance to you then maybe you should stick with your '84. I don't know where you are located, but here in the rust belt most of the '80s cars are gone, so it is unusual to see one.

That's another reason why I started buying new cars. The thing that's really obvious to anyone is that the engine makes more power, but the biggest gains in my opinion are the electronic controls. Traction and stability control on the new Fords are really terrific. My car has 526 hp and still gets 23 mpg driving 80 mph on the highway with some full throttle blasts here and there. I average about 18 in my city commute with track day single digit fuel economy in the mix. Even just the suspension and the way the headlights light up the road - your '84 doesn't even have antilock brakes, does it?

Believe me, it's worth taking out a loan. Rates are low.
I do like my mcss looks more, it was actually a Winston cup race car in factory sheet metal form and makes almost all the best of Chevy lists. Granted it's not at the top but it is on there. Looks are subjective and I fully recognize how well the M6G is received by buyers. The performance of a modern ride is what I'm after, neither the GM or Ford platforms are particularly good looking right now, it is what it is. So I have to choose from what is for sale.

Well maybe not built for way less than 1/2 a M6G but it is for the C6G. Just getting a 1SS with blue paint and an a8 with no other options is $40k. The 84 is not my daily so it's insured for agreed value. A new pony car will replace my current cheap DD beater so I can keep the mcss. With either a mustang or camaro I can have a car that will be a blast to drive, if it gets crashed it won't be a heart breaker. The biggest plus to a new one will be performance better than what I have now without the wrenching, and with a/c and a warranty! Until 2010 that wasn't the case, we're actually in the golden age of performance cars right now. I feel like if I don't get one now I'm missing the boat before we're all forced into a Google or Apple auto-pilot electric car.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
im not going back to read that thread. those guys are..i'll just say it..assholes! the way they talk about that car you would think its a one of a kind supercar! one guy posted this pic..i thought was was interesting..the 6th gen looks substantially smaller..both are ugly as fuck though!

As has been noted ad nauseam they look to similar. THAT is part of the problem. That and pricing. Who makes the next generation of a car look this close to the previous one!?!!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I highly doubt there will shift a lot of Corvette GS. It's too expensive for just an appearance change comparing to a regular corvette. It would be nice to have 500hp NA at least to be comparable to the GT350s.
The GS is quite a bit more than an appearance change. It's a Z06 without the forced induction. Probably the only GM car I actually fawn over.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
According to Bloomberg Gm's cfo Stevens said they are making higher profits because of higher pricing on all GM vehicles. GM has intentionally raised pricing to make more money but how long can it last I think the camaro is the 1st to show that strategy is flawed. I hope GM crashes and burns.
I could be in error here but with that strategy it seems to be a recipe for crash and burn. Last month they sold 4969 this month with 0% they only sold 5520.What happens in the dead of winter when you are selling significantly less?

Your making more money per vehicle but your not selling any/enough. Meanwhile the competition just keeps getting more and more popular. You would be hard pressed to convince people you are making double the profit of your competitor. No way no how. You might, you might be making a little more but your competitor is outselling you almost 2-1.

They don't have something exclusive here. There are all sorts of cars for consumers to choose from. Even in this segment one could easily cross over to something "sporty" that isn't a muscle car if they can't afford, refuse or weigh in there mind bang for buck.

Not to mention most are just looking for something nice to drive at an economical stand point. I'm not a fan of white cars but the other day I saw a white EB with black wheels that looked absolutely superb. Saw it coming down the road and there was absolutely no mistaking it for an S197.

It had NEW mustang written all over it. Stood out from the crowd...

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Once again:

1)The Camaro is too expensive

2)The Mustang is not a supercar

(dons flamesuit -- somebody IS going to disagree with at least one of my points)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Once again:

1)The Camaro is too expensive

2)The Mustang is not a supercar

(dons flamesuit -- somebody IS going to disagree with at least one of my points)
Forgot to add the camaro is not a super car either.

GM is offering up to $ 9200 rebates on the camaro now but it involves qualifying for I believe 8 different rebates and one of them is $1500 for buying and equanox. Talk about questionable sales tactics.

Last edited:

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
As has been noted ad nauseam they look to similar. THAT is part of the problem. That and pricing. Who makes the next generation of a car look this close to the previous one!?!!
Porsche
:cheers:
Sponsored