Sponsored

Join Us Live on Dec 5th for the 2015 Mustang Debut & Give Us Your Questions for Ford

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Prototype or Production Car?

I'm confused now, what we saw on Thursday is what the production car is going to look like? Or is just a prototype?

What we saw is the equivalent to this?

Or to this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Neither picture accurate. Go to Ford's web site. The 2015 is now up on line.
Sponsored

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
He's talking equivalency. What we see is 99% what we get minus some tweaks and options... Not a "concept" like the top s197. For example, I hope the production base radio get some more attention. The system in the LA car was amazingly bad. We may get black or body colored diffuser options... small stuff.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
He's talking equivalency. What we see is 99% what we get minus some tweaks and options... Not a "concept" like the top s197. For example, I hope the production base radio get some more attention. The system in the LA car was amazingly bad. We may get black or body colored diffuser options... small stuff.
Got it ..... It just kind of through me off.

SigMPilot

Threads
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood my question, what I want to know is if the car we saw last Thursday is the real deal or just a concept/prototype :thumbsup:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I think you misunderstood my question, what I want to know is if the car we saw last Thursday is the real deal or just a concept/prototype :thumbsup:
yup, I misread it. Those were the real deal at the reveal

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
This car is the equivalent of the bottom one in your 2005 picture. It is not like what was done for the that model, where the top one (specially built concept mimicking the look) came early.

HTownStang

Taillights no question. Prefer it over the 13-14s and that is saying a lot.

All the little details play nicely together. The "gills" theme throughout -- seen with the DRL's, taillights & interior door panel and even GT grille -- just one example.

Of course, no accident.
That is a stunning rear end if I have to admit. Someone posted the sequential tails in action and the large 3 dimensional blocks really stand out. The front is where I'm still learning to love, but I look forward to judging it for myself in person.
Sponsored