JLT CAI shows check engine light

Stephent5609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I put a new JLT intake and the first thing I noticed is that the check engine light is on. I haven’t gotten it tuned so could that be it or something worse? And does this void my warranty or could I take it to the dealer for them to check it out?
Sponsored

cwrzxr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cuy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue, 2018 Titan XD, 2016 ZX10R, 2014 ZX14R
Aright thanks
I installed a JLT CAI on mine and the instructions say do NOT start it until you have a tune. I bought from JLT SCT BDX that comes with a canned tune that works and works well. My wife even noticed the difference.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stephent5609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I installed a JLT CAI on mine and the instructions say do NOT start it until you have a tune. I bought from JLT SCT BDX that comes with a canned tune that works and works well. My wife even noticed the difference.
What kind of tune is needed after the intake? I didn’t buy it but I’ll probably get a Lund racing since I want to run E85

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of tune is needed after the intake? I didn’t buy it but I’ll probably get a Lund racing since I want to run E85
Pretty easy.Tell Lund the mods you have and get a Flex and E85 tune.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
OP, get that Lund tune. I’m very well satisfied with their tune and the support is top notch as well.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Ya bypass the canned tune of a SCT or something and get one from a trusted tuner on here like AED, Lund or PBD. Anytime there are maf changes with an intake it absolutely needs a tune to compensate for it and should be loaded before first start up.

If going e85 then great that will be a different animal but won't see much from basic cai and tune combo. If you didn't already have the cai would even suggest keeping stock box and just tune for e85 and LTH.
Sponsored