Jack's mustang gt

Jackyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 2014 focus se
Figured I'd start one of these while the car is still simple so i can keep track of stuff better.

This is my 2020 gt. It is a full base car not a single option on it, so naturally it is a 6 speed. I got it back in September 2020 had only been on the lot for the weekend and i picked it up with 8 miles on it.

First impressions were that the car felt big and kind of boaty but the power was incredible. I had never driven a mustang up until i signed the papers and drove it off the lot.

20200912_125818.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jackyboy

Jackyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I enjoyed the car completely stock for quite a while and took it to the drag strip. I am not a good drag racer by any means and it was my first time trying to launch a manual car but here are my slips. I was on the right side both times and beat my buddies turbo miata both times so i felt good about that! They were some good races.
20201102_144955.jpg

I definitely do not intend to get into drag racing at a high level but i certainly want to go back to some test and tunes in the future!

OP
OP
Jackyboy

Jackyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Now it was time for my first mod. I kind of knew before i had even gotten the car that my first mod would be suspension because i had felt how much it made a difference on my other car! I settled on kw v3s because i liked how they developed the roush suspension (seems to be the same thing) and i figured that they would have spent alit of time developing the product since they would sell a ton of the coils through roush.
Snapchat-1523812571.jpg

I waited probably 2.5 months from the time of purchase to actually receive them at my door. It felt like forever! Along with them i ordered 20mm steeda spacers (note i did NOT have to trim studs with these wheels) and steeda jacking rails that came right away.

The major con i would say with these coils would be the front spring pearch. Instead of two metal collars that lock together they are plastic pearches with a set screw that threads into the plastic pearch. I went to a shop to have it installed after breaking two tools trying to get the old suspension out and when they tightened the set screw it stripped out some of the plastic threads. We used a temporary fix by drivng a bigger screw into the hole. I have a new pearch but have yet to put it in because i just dont want to rip the car apart.

The other issue i was having was a clunking sound while going over bumps. That turned out to be the rearsway bar end links noght beight tight enough.

Once everything was sorted out i finally got to push the car and man this suspension rides incredibly. Car feels way more predictable but at the same time does not punish you on rough roads. I have yet to play with the dampening settings and have just set it to the recommended levels out of the box.

Here is how the car sits now! It is not super low but i think it is a good looking functional ride height.

20210624_184029.jpg
20210624_184011.jpg
20210624_183822.jpg
Snapchat-1512030086.jpg
20210623_174656.jpg

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Awesome, nice ride height for sure. Looks good.

OP
OP
Jackyboy

Jackyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
A couple weeks ago i picked up a set of forgestar f14s from leathal performance! It is a 19x9.5 squared setup with an offset of +29 and the optional red centercap.

20210719_135548.jpg

On friday i got them wrapped in a set of continental extreme contact sports in a size of 265 40 r19 i thought there might be a little bit of stretch when i looked up this combo online but it actually has a bit of bubble with these tires. I really like the look and only wanted to go with the stretch because i was concerned about rubbing but it does not.

I also got to take a few pictures of the car with the new setup at nashville superspeedway!

20210724_152907.jpg

20210724_152817.jpg
Sponsored