Isurus550's DIB GT PP

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
Well, looks like my first "mod" is going to be adding a dash cam with parking mode after some asshat put a trailer hitch through my bumper and just left without leaving a note :paddle:

Haven't even made my second payment yet.

Sponsored

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
People are so hateful. I'm sorry this happened to you. Are you gonna make a claim through your insurance?

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Black Performance Package Base GT
What camera are you looking at using?

OP
OP
Isurus550

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP

Sponsored

OP
OP
Isurus550

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
Thanks Nick. Yeah it sucks and I'm still pretty pissed. I'm mad at the person who did it, I'm mad at myself for not getting the dash cam sooner (I've been saying I was going to get one since before I got the car and just haven't gotten around to it). But there's really nothing I can do except get it fixed. </:rant:>

Can you even fix something like this, or does the whole fascia have to be replaced?

Also, after the dash cam, the DD LED light swap is next on the list!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks Nick. Yeah it sucks and I'm still pretty pissed. I'm mad at the person who did it, I'm mad at myself for not getting the dash cam sooner (I've been saying I was going to get one since before I got the car and just haven't gotten around to it). But there's really nothing I can do except get it fixed. </:rant:>

Can you even fix something like this, or does the whole fascia have to be replaced?

Also, after the dash cam, the DD LED light swap is next on the list!
Honestly, the body shop will probably replace the whole bumper and repaint it. That's probably the best solution (cost wise) vs. fixing that spot.

Shoot us a PM before ordering

I feel your pain, just know that it can be fixed to look good as new

Nick C.

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Black Performance Package Base GT
It's more cost effective and better finish to replace the cover.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
OP, I'd use it as an excuse to upgrade to a different bumper like Roush etc...

Might as well get an upgrade out of this situation right?

I put a GT500 front end on my 2007 GT after someone hit my front bumper. (No Cobra badges on my car btw)

Nick C.

hampton20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, DIB, PP, Navigation
I feel your pain man, it sucks when people hit you and just leave and have no respect to man up to what they did. BUT hey at least you were not in my situation. I did not even have my car for 48 hrs and someone hit me in the back. My car is still in the shop getting fixed and its going on its 3rd week in the shop already. I should have it by Friday finally! Luckily the guy admitted fault and his insurance is paying for everything. I as well have a GT PP DIB. Sorry for what happen man

Sponsored
OP
OP
Isurus550

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
OP, I'd use it as an excuse to upgrade to a different bumper like Roush etc...

Might as well get an upgrade out of this situation right?

I put a GT500 front end on my 2007 GT after someone hit my front bumper. (No Cobra badges on my car btw)

Nick C.
I thought about that.

I did that to my 2003 when I had to replace the bumper. Are there any other options out right now besides the Roush?

I feel your pain man, it sucks when people hit you and just leave and have no respect to man up to what they did. BUT hey at least you were not in my situation. I did not even have my car for 48 hrs and someone hit me in the back. My car is still in the shop getting fixed and its going on its 3rd week in the shop already. I should have it by Friday finally! Luckily the guy admitted fault and his insurance is paying for everything. I as well have a GT PP DIB. Sorry for what happen man
Thanks, man. Sorry to hear about yours as well. Glad you'll be getting her back soon though!

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
Damn man sorry to hear about that. It really sucks because I remember back in High School I had my Pontiac G5 and the clear coat was peeling off the front bumper so everywhere I went I parked backwards trying to get someone to hit the front bumper so I could put in a claim and get my bumper replaced, sadly it never happened and I still have that G5 with the peeling clear coat. Soon that car will be traded in and a brand new Magnetic GT PP will take its place! Just sucks... but at least you might get a new mod out of it!

Okay rant over... Just really sucks when I see things like this. :mad:

OP
OP
Isurus550

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
Dash cam installed. Very clean and easy to install (big thanks to user foghat for his awesome install walkthrough, although I got the DR600GW model). Its pretty discreet, although I did leave the "security LED" option on, which blinks a white LED out of the front.

The video quality is amazing! Plates are readable, even at night, and I also installed the Power Magic Pro, so the parking mode captures pretty much everything.

With that taken care of, I'm ordering a replacement cover today. Thought about going the Roush option, but the part I need is pretty cheap ($129.58 on fordparts.com, Part #: 17D957), and even after paint and install is still half the price of an unpainted Roush bumper.

OP
OP
Isurus550

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
Diode Dynamics interior LED light swap complete, and wow...what a HUGE difference!

Sponsored