Sponsored

Issue receiving texts with Sync on base models

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Cara,

I tried doing the master reset this evening and still having the same problem. Then of course I had the fun of spending about 45 minutes reloading all of my Nav favorites, reconnecting my phone and reloading my wall paper. It worked fine with the same phone on MFT 3.7 but for some reason since 3.8 it says the phone (iPhone 6+) isn't compatible.
Since the software is up to date and the reset didn't resolve the issue, I have to say the next step would be the dealer. There isn't a known issue with the iPhone6 or 6+ not being compatible with the system, so the dealer will need to take a hands on approach to this issue.

Cara
Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Since the software is up to date and the reset didn't resolve the issue, I have to say the next step would be the dealer. There isn't a known issue with the iPhone6 or 6+ not being compatible with the system, so the dealer will need to take a hands on approach to this issue.

Cara
My dealer isn't interested in helping, since I didn't buy the car from them. I'd rather just pony up $700 for the new Android radio unit.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

Cara
So basically I'm out of luck until a better version of MFT comes out. I have experience with my dealer and Sync/MFT issues, they are clueless.

2.9 has supposed to be about ready forever... When will we see that? When I talked to the Ford Customer Care rep, he said it had finished testing back in November I think and was just going through finalization for release.

I don't want to drop back to 2.7 to get texts because then I will lose Siri hands free I get with 2.8.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What?? Sync is supposed to read incoming texts?? News to me.
I get texts read to me and can dictate responses with any car blue-tooth for around 4 years now, so don't see any reason his car would be any different. The OP didn't mention what phone he uses so maybe some phones don't announce, read and let you answer texts in any car.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My dealer isn't interested in helping, since I didn't buy the car from them. I'd rather just pony up $700 for the new Android radio unit.
What dealer did you go to? As long as it's a Ford dealership, it shouldn't matter where you bought the vehicle.

So basically I'm out of luck until a better version of MFT comes out. I have experience with my dealer and Sync/MFT issues, they are clueless.

2.9 has supposed to be about ready forever... When will we see that? When I talked to the Ford Customer Care rep, he said it had finished testing back in November I think and was just going through finalization for release.

I don't want to drop back to 2.7 to get texts because then I will lose Siri hands free I get with 2.8.
I'm not sure what 2.7, 2.8, and 2.9 versions you're referring to but keep an eye out for SYNC updates. They are generally released every year.

Cara
Sponsored