Sponsored

Is This Considered a Good Option For S/C?

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
how high are you looking to go? im at 700whp on 93 octane and im on stock block + OPG/TG.

that is a sub 1000whp block. needs to have good sleeves if more than 1000 is what you are after.

past 700-800whp youre also looking at transmission work.
I am at 750 about to go 800whp this Thursday on stock block. I am with an awesome tuner that told me this is getting into the zone that I need to be aware that the parts might fail due to stress. Honestly 800 whp is fine with me. This will be it as far as making more power. I am on a stock block and have the money for a assembled short block if need be.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
That's awfully pricey for a set of rods and pistons. You can get a factory shortblock for right around 2k. 3.2k more for a set of rods and pistons? Yikes.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
I am at 750 about to go 800whp this Thursday on stock block. I am with an awesome tuner that told me this is getting into the zone that I need to be aware that the parts might fail due to stress. Honestly 800 whp is fine with me. This will be it as far as making more power. I am on a stock block and have the money for a assembled short block if need be.
yeah no half measures. set aside the money for a sleeved shortblock and a good set of rods and pistons. why settle for 1000whp or less when you can make 1500 or more:cheers:

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That's awfully pricey for a set of rods and pistons. You can get a factory shortblock for right around 2k. 3.2k more for a set of rods and pistons? Yikes.
Right, but this is setup and ready to go. Also there is a bit more than just rods and pistons. I don't mind paying for convenience and piece of mind.

yeah no half measures. set aside the money for a sleeved shortblock and a good set of rods and pistons. why settle for 1000whp or less when you can make 1500 or more:cheers:
L&M is quoting $9,000 for that. a bit over the top for me. 800 who is plenty and the savings can go for transmission
Sponsored