Is this a good deal?

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 Mustang GT PP1
This is my first post as I am hoping to become a new Mustang owner soon.

Dealer price for an 2020 GT (coupe), 401A, BO sound, safe and smart, active exhaust, PP1 and red metallic CC is $45,500. Includes rebates and doc fee.

just want to know if the price is about right.

Thanks for your help! Hope to be a part of the club soon.
Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
This is my first post as I am hoping to become a new Mustang owner soon.

Dealer price for an 2020 GT (coupe), 401A, BO sound, safe and smart, active exhaust, PP1 and red metallic CC is $45,500. Includes rebates and doc fee.

just want to know if the price is about right.

Thanks for your help! Hope to be a part of the club soon.
What is the MSRP?

OP
OP

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
$53,745

Sponsored

OP
OP

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback. Only reservation I have now is if I really want PP1. I have no plans to track the car. I’ll search the forum to see if non-racers enjoy benefits from PP1. The pilot 4s are also a concern. It is around 40 degrees here.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks for the feedback. Only reservation I have now is if I really want PP1. I have no plans to track the car. I’ll search the forum to see if non-racers enjoy benefits from PP1. The pilot 4s are also a concern. It is around 40 degrees here.
Well that of course is a whole other story. Considering the price you're getting you may want to go with it. Most of the PP1 equipped cars never see a track. That said there are many upgrades that work just fine on the street.

The tires will need to be changed. You will read that some folks use them in questionable temperatures. Most folks listen to Michelin and get them off. Replacing a cracked tire is expensive. Better just to get a good set of A/S's and maybe even sell the 4S's if you feel you can live without them.

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
Hmm sounds like a good deal but the PP1 i would say doesn't make a huge difference imo besides i would say the brakes, wheels and tires you can always buy used for around 600$ Another thing would be the vacuum gauges in the middle. But racing a pp1 vs a non would be the same outcome unless its at a track i would say. But its your call, one thing i would go after instead of the pp1 is the 401a package for the digital dash etc..

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hmm sounds like a good deal but the PP1 i would say doesn't make a huge difference imo besides i would say the brakes, wheels and tires you can always buy used for around 600$ Another thing would be the vacuum gauges in the middle. But racing a pp1 vs a non would be the same outcome unless its at a track i would say. But its your call, one thing i would go after instead of the pp1 is the 401a package for the digital dash etc..
Dealer price for an 2020 GT (coupe), 401A, BO sound, safe and smart, active exhaust, PP1 and red metallic CC
He has the 401a. This car is loaded!

OP
OP

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Well that of course is a whole other story. Considering the price you're getting you may want to go with it. Most of the PP1 equipped cars never see a track. That said there are many upgrades that work just fine on the street.

The tires will need to be changed. You will read that some folks use them in questionable temperatures. Most folks listen to Michelin and get them off. Replacing a cracked tire is expensive. Better just to get a good set of A/S's and maybe even sell the 4S's if you feel you can live without them.
Thanks. Is it safe to even test drive in 40 degrees?!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
He has the 401a. This car is loaded!
Keep in mind it doesn’t have MR so it isn’t that loaded. Also the price isn’t out the door but does include their document fee... taxes and tags are extra. That’s why I want to make sure this is a good price I’m getting.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind it doesn’t have MR so it isn’t that loaded. Also the price isn’t out the door but does include their document fee... taxes and tags are extra. That’s why I want to make sure this is a good price I’m getting.
Yeah OK, A $54k GT is loaded :). You didn't mention that you also had the A10 and security package. About the only thing you missed is the MR. I tried it and it is really good. But my car is a boulevard cruiser so I decided against it. Haven't missed it at all. Then again I do not have a PP1.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
You can't rotate the tires with the PP1 is the only drawback. But you can always get a cheaper square setup for the winter months.

OP
OP

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
So it seems so far the deal is good. I am a little surprised because I hear stories of people getting the GT for less. Hard to tell when people don’t include all the options when they say what they paid. I really don’t want the BO sound because it seems like I’m throwing away money.
Sponsored