Sponsored

Is there a way to do a regional or national search

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
To find a car configured relatively close to what I want? I don’t mind driving or flying 900 or so miles to get the car optioned like I want in the color I want without adding a bunch of stuff I don’t want to pay the extra for. When I go to Fords website it gives me a 100 mile range from whatever zip code I type in.
Sponsored

JustinLynn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/PP2
If you go to the dealer, they can assist you with that. They don't make that system public. It's the same system that they use to locate cars at other dealerships.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
No.
Go to the library, pull zip code directories for your state and start writing.....

People do not understand that Ford DOES NOT sell cars to individual consumers. They sell to dealers and dealers in your area do not want you out shopping outside of their zone. Ford controls franchises, dealer inventory etc part of that bargin is the dealership gets/shares a certain territory. Ford cant really be to overt in helping you work around that franchise/dealership structure.

Go to the best nice dealer and have them do a search...they can search beyond their normal trading area. If none of their trading partners has the car and the dealership understands your specs or no sale...since they cant trade for the car and make the sale...they might search further out and let you know who has the car.....provided you make a nice donation....ie slip the guy $50-100 for the service.

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
To find a car configured relatively close to what I want? I don’t mind driving or flying 900 or so miles to get the car optioned like I want in the color I want without adding a bunch of stuff I don’t want to pay the extra for. When I go to Fords website it gives me a 100 mile range from whatever zip code I type in.
when you do the 100 mile search there is a zip code in the address. you can easily edit it to other major metro areas around you and just hit enter. I searched a 5 state area doing this in 20 min. i realized there are not that many high end convertibles near me

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
You could use Autotrader app. It let’s you go further, but keep in mind, not every dealer use their system, so you might miss a car closer to you.

Sponsored

G_Money_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PREM PP
You could use Autotrader app. It let’s you go further, but keep in mind, not every dealer use their system, so you might miss a car closer to you.
This. CarGurus.com also has a decent search engine.

OP
OP
drabon74

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I ended up using ford chat, super easy. Wanted recaro in lightning blue, 401a auto, pp, and active exhaust. Chat rep found 3

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
cars.com is really good for finding stuff too.

(Q)

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quentin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
OR you can modify the radius to whatever you like in the URL. Change Radius=100 to Radius=500. ...on the Ford search.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I do not like about the Ford search is it does not let you select specific packages. Dodge lets you tick what packages you want in their search page.
Sponsored