Sponsored

Is the stereo in the 18 301a, 400a & 401a all the same?

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
In regards to the speakers and sound quality? I thought the 401a came with an upgraded stereo, but it looks like the same as in the lesser trims with nav added. Am I missing anything?
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I don't think the package level changes the radio as that is a separate option. There is a head unit that also has HD radio reception but I'm not sure how that differs otherwise.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
In regards to the speakers and sound quality? I thought the 401a came with an upgraded stereo, but it looks like the same as in the lesser trims with nav added. Am I missing anything?
From the 2018 brochure:

Equipment Group 101A: 18" machined-face aluminum wheels with highgloss Ebony Black-painted pockets and 235/50R18 all-season tires, SYNC 3, 9-speaker audio system, Selectable Drive Modes with 4-gang toggle switch
pack, 6-way power cloth front seats, SiriusXM Radio,2
dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, Remote Start System (requires automatic), Silver Arrow aluminum instrument panel trim, blade-style decklid spoiler, and Reverse Sensing System

Premium Plus Package (Equipment Group 201A): 12" configurable LCD
digital instrument cluster with MyColor; heated steering wheel; SYNC Connect 3 embedded 4G LTE modem powered by FordPass™ App4 (includes Wi-Fi hotspot capability); voice-activated Navigation System; and Premier Trim with Color Accent Group which includes hand-stitched center console lid, wrapped knee bolsters with accent stitching, shifter boot, color-accented leather-trimmed front seats and unique door-trim panel inserts, wrapped center console with accent stitching, and Linked Graphite aluminum instrument panel trim

Equipment Group 301A: SYNC 3, 9-speaker audio system, Selectable
Drive Modes with 4-gang toggle switch pack, SiriusXM Radio,1
dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, and ambient lighting with MyColor

Premium Plus Package (Equipment Group 401A): same content as
Equipment Group 201A

Options:
Shaker™ Pro Audio System2 with 12 speakers and subwoofer,
plus HD Radio™ Technology (GT Premium only)

Nope, you're not... it appears all X01A packages have the 9-speaker system unless you order the Shaker Pro option. I suspect that base models still have the 6-speaker system, but I'm not certain on that.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
IIRC, the 100A and 300A get the 4.2" screen and 6 speakers, everything else comes with 9 speakers and the 8" screen. 201A and 401A come with nav, which is optional on all other 8" displays.
Sponsored