Sponsored

Is it necessary to drop rear subframe for springs?

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
unless that shitty chassis bolts doesn't go in perfect and you cross the threads. have fun with that.
wont happen if you do only one side at a time since its already been aligned previously. When all 4 bolts are out, thats when the crossthreading chances go up since the the bolts go in crooked
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
NTB will only do it like once every 6 months.

And in my case it was a waste of time because the tech couldn't figure out how to use camber bolts for the front.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
NTB will only do it like once every 6 months.

And in my case it was a waste of time because the tech couldn't figure out how to use camber bolts for the front.
Not true. Their policy is you can bring it everyday for those 6 months. I paid NTB for the 6 months and had them (try) align Mustang. They could never get it right. I can still go back as I have 2 more months left but they are a waste of time. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
I thought that I heard the lifetime alignment at Firestone doesn’t apply to modified suspensions?

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Not true. Their policy is you can bring it everyday for those 6 months. I paid NTB for the 6 months and had them (try) align Mustang. They could never get it right. I can still go back as I have 2 more months left but they are a waste of time. :headbonk:

Hmm... maybe. When I went, they specifically told me once per 6 months. Here's the official wording:

http://www.ntb.com/tires/sku-detail...nment-1-Year-Policy/sku21718.s?skuId=sku21718

"Includes alignments every 6 months or whenever you need one"

But I agree, NTB was a waste of time.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i did mine one side at a time , and didnt have a issue at all putting them back in. the went in how they came out.. i did have my 280lb buddy step down on the rotor a bit to get enough room to get the springs out :)
i get alignments any time i mess with suspension ... habit i guess. and everything was good excpet the front toe and rear camber.. he dialed everything in np at all .

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
There shouldn't be a need to put weight on anything if you disconnect the sway bar links. The subframe then drops more than enough one side at a time to easilly swap the spring out. Otherwise the process could be damaging to the links and the sway bar bushings.

i did mine one side at a time , and didnt have a issue at all putting them back in. the went in how they came out.. i did have my 280lb buddy step down on the rotor a bit to get enough room to get the springs out :)
i get alignments any time i mess with suspension ... habit i guess. and everything was good excpet the front toe and rear camber.. he dialed everything in np at all .

jamieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I definitely dropped the sub frame. I tried doing one side at a time but neither me nor my wife were heavy enough to give me the clearance to remove the factory spring. Realigning the sub frame kinda sucked and I had one bolt that was a pita to start.
I've had no luck doing just two springs either. What does "realigning the sub frame" involve? Is that something I can do, or do I have to take it to a shop.

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
My local Firestone wouldn't do lifetime alignment package for cars with suspension mod, like lowering springs.
Sponsored