Sponsored

Is it better to buy an actual wheel and tire (used) than buying a spare tire kit

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Thanks for the write up! Now - I want to see someone put one of these on the rear and do a burnout test 😁
No doubt! The tread is ALMOST at safety bar depth from the factory, this tire was obviously just treaded enough to be a spare. The same size is used on a BMW i3 and is very hard to get, so these tires seem to be a premium let alone the wheel!
Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I heisman’d purchasing the AA spare based on cost for a couple years. A couple months ago I picked one up & Milwaukee Impact, and never looked back. I think the Ford set-up is a safe option without brembo brakes or if your not running a staggered set-up with some rubber out back.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I bought the oem spare also and it did sit a slightly above , so that the cover did not sit flush to the trunk. I have try different way and look to see if I did something wrong, but I believed that is how it sit. Therefore, if you use a full size tire it will stick out like sore thumb

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I bought the oem spare also and it did sit a slightly above , so that the cover did not sit flush to the trunk. I have try different way and look to see if I did something wrong, but I believed that is how it sit. Therefore, if you use a full size tire it will stick out like sore thumb
The OEM spare should fit totally in the well and the cover should sit flush.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
The OEM spare should fit totally in the well and the cover should sit flush.
It did not sit flush for me. It just a tag raise not very much, I will look at it again this week and see
Sponsored